Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music,Travelling Wilburys ??

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just heard a track,by the above band? Sounds a bit like the late George Harrison ? Anyone know anything? Track was called. It's all right. :wave: :albion:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
A band from my youth. Think it was Mark knopfler, roy orbison, tom petty...
I remember 'handle with care' was good. Album worth picking up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bathseagull said:
A band from my youth. Think it was Mark knopfler, roy orbison, tom petty...
I remember 'handle with care' was good. Album worth picking up.

Not sure Knopfler was involved but Bob Dylan and the guy from ELO (Lynn?)were.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Del Shannon was about to join, before he very unfortunately, inconveniently committed suicide. :down:

The Wilburies' song "Handle With Care" is worth a few minutes of anyone's time, and the recent cover by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins is just as lovely, maybe more...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty certain Knopfler was not involved

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The Travelling Wilburys consist of Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynn.

20 second search on Google will tell you that and more.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Leekbrookgull said:
Just heard a track,by the above band? Sounds a bit like the late George Harrison ? Anyone know anything? Track was called. It's all right. :wave: :albion:

The song is called End Of The Line and was by a mile the best track the TW did.. good stuff too!

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
as a dylan nutcase with over 1000 bootlegs etc i can confirm it was petty dylan lynne orbison and harrison...hence the gwpdylan tag (rather than someone thinking it was an unpronouncable welsh name:lolol: i have a bootleg somewhere of the sessions and its a fair disc

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
gwpdylan said:
as a dylan nutcase with over 1000 bootlegs etc i can confirm it was petty dylan lynne orbison and harrison...hence the gwpdylan tag (rather than someone thinking it was an unpronouncable welsh name:lolol: i have a bootleg somewhere of the sessions and its a fair disc

And there was me thinking it WAS an unpronouncable welsh name :lolol:

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Jeff Lynn, Bod Dylan, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty & George Harrison. The first album was great but the second was shite!

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
i have a double set called dylan knopfler sessions. there playing relationship was early 80's when knopfler was on Slow Train Coming album, Dylans first born again album

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Re: Re: Music,Travelling Wilburys ??

Jam The Man said:
The song is called End Of The Line and was by a mile the best track the TW did.. good stuff too!

There was some good stuff on there but the song "tweeter and the monkey man" sung by Tom Petty was my favourite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here