Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music to your iPhone

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Now I don't understand all of this new technology, but what's the easiest way I can get music from my Laptop to my iPhone without having to pay a penny?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Download iTunes (if you don't have it already), set up your iPhone to sync with it (which you should do anyway in order to back up and manage the content on your phone), then you can sync any music you have on iTunes to your phone as you choose.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Download iTunes (if you don't have it already), set up your iPhone to sync with it (which you should do anyway in order to back up and manage the content on your phone), then you can sync any music you have on iTunes to your phone as you choose.

Yeah, but don't you have to pay to download songs from Itunes?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You can't use an iphone without downloading itunes anyway.

After that, all you have to do is put the CD into the computer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He did say "get music from my Laptop to my iPhone" so I assumed he had already ripped the CDs, or downloaded it from elsewhere.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The iTunes way is certainly the simplest.

As an alternative if you don't keep your current music library in iTunes is to use a Cloud service such as Dropbox or Sugarsync (my personal preference!), both of which offer free space in a cloud.

Sugarsync is really good, especially if you say want to sync your stuff with a computer at work, or multiple devices as well as your laptop and iPhone. I've paid for this service, but you do get 5GB free to start with. They have a free app for the iPhone.

Click this link to try it out: SUGARSYNC

All my stuff is Apple, but I think Sugarsync is a lot better than iCloud to be honest and a lot more functional. Got to say I think iCloud is rubbish compared to MobileMe. I know many complained about MM, but it was a damn sight more useful than iCloud!

Last edited:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
There will be a directory on your laptop (once iTunes is installed) called summat like My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Automatically Download to iTunes.

Open two windows explorers, one on the directory above, the other on any mp3s on your laptop that you want on your iPhone. Cut and paste them (don't drag and drop) from the one directory to the other, and once they have been copied into the directory I've named above they will apper in iTunes under Music. From there you can drag them onto any iPhone/iPod/iPad device you have plugged into iTunes.

Job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here