Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'll start:

b645b2c008a0e5ed9f367010.L.jpg

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
was at a talk with peter hook, and designer peter saville was so mongoed from a heavy night he could not take that picture down to london to the printers, so tony wilson got peter hook to do it, took it on the train in a paper bag.

turned out to be one of th best i suppose, musically and from a graphic design point of view.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
muleV.gif

Not amazingly exciting but I really like it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is a beast...

1120851835_2714.jpg

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
*wonders which post-punk band has been in the media lately...*

i don't think this is as much about JD as it is about Peter Saville who is a genius and probably the most recognizable name when talking graphics in music.

see his work for suede in the mid nineties and the classic new order stuff, also - sh!t band but great design - gay dad who had some great sleeve work.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
i don't think this is as much about JD as it is about Peter Saville who is a genius and probably the most recognizable name when talking graphics in music.

see his work for suede in the mid nineties and the classic new order stuff, also - sh!t band but great design - gay dad who had some great sleeve work.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not denying Savilles quality at all.

i have lots of time for this-

New_Order_Fine_Time_UK.jpg

for instance, ableit a single.

I just wonder if we'd be so aware of, and impressed by, their (JDs) artwork if it wasn't very their recent (re)new found fame.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
Peter Saville's early work for Factory was the high point of his career. Closer and Unknown pleasures are great.
I love the way Blue Monday (the biggest selling vinyl single) actually lost money on every copy because the floppy disc sleeve cost too much to produce....

I like this...
wywh.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here