Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's injury

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
No doubt it's been mentioned elsewhere, but does anyone know the extent of Murray's injury? He looked like he was holding his shoulder.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
i thought it looked arm/shoulder. the way he was holding his arm made me think that maybe its broken.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At first I thought shoulder, then I thought ribs. I doubt very much he'll play tomorrow, but hopefully it was nothing too bad.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I doubt he'll play for the remainder of the season anyway, but of course I wish him all the best for a quick and speedy recovery

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
When he came off he indicated that it was the shoulder joint that hurt - no indication that there was any problem with the collarbone or the arm. Given the way he fell it is probably just an impact injury to the shoulder joint which can be very painful but shouldn't take too long to recover from.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No news available from the club but would suspectr that he has played his last game this season and possibly even his last for us but I sincerely hope not.

Gus did say on Radio Sussex that there would be changes for tomorrrow so even if fit dont expect him to play.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Unfortunately I think thats it from him. Thanks Glen, you've been a star and you will be missed.

It would have been interesting to see if Poyet would have played him in the last few games if he hadn't committed himself to us though.

But I really really want him to stay, but it appears the club have a wage limit that they are not going to break for anyone, and Murray wants over and above that.

I think what will hold Murray back is his lack of turn of pace. He takes a long time to settle and if he goes to another champinship club, I fear he will need longer to settle than he will be given. He'll run a huge risk of being a nobody at another championship club, whereas with us, and carries on improving like he has this season, he'll have the chance of moving on later and getting a lot more than he wants at the moment, but I fear his agent will see the pound signs and act in the short term, and go for the guaranteed dollar!!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I hope we do see Glen in a Brighton shirt again, the Murray and Barnes partnership does not appear to work, the Murray and Wood partnership was working. When Murray gets taken off we have nobody else who can hold the ball like him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought for one horrible moment yesterday that it was his shoulder, and the Doc was going to "put it back in" in front of F Block.

You could always have run on in your nurse's outfit to give him a 'hand', especially if it was Glenn's wanking arm that is injured.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a broken wanking shoulder. Luckily for me, i hadn't recalled the purpose of women and their nudity after the running-down for about 6 weeks, by which time the shoulder could come back into action and fiddle-away i did.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If he'd done his clavicle or humerus there's no way he would've even attempted to carry on

Not sure about that. After a push bike crash in which I badly fractured my clavicle I cycled on for miles with no problem, completely oblivious to the injury.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not sure about that. After a push bike crash in which I badly fractured my clavicle I cycled on for miles with no problem, completely oblivious to the injury.

You are clearly the CHUCK NORRIS of NSC, for most of us it's straight to A&E if we have a hung nail.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are clearly the CHUCK NORRIS of NSC, for most of us it's straight to A&E if we have a hung nail.

I think that goes without saying doesn't it? My point (that got lost in the macho ether) was that it is possible to sustain such an injury and be oblivious to the fact and thus carry on playing association football (see also TRAUTMAN/Bert)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here