Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray swap with Hoskins ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He wasn't too far off Piquionne to be fair, we just couldn't agree a deal.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He wasn't too far off Piquionne to be fair, we just couldn't agree a deal.

So you reckon the rumour could be true? I bloody hope it does! the missing piece to the puzzle. The tastiest partnership Brighton have had in a long time if CMS and Muzza played aside. Such potency with energy and touch upfront and i'm sure we'll be going up.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So you reckon the rumour could be true? I bloody hope it does! the missing piece to the puzzle. The tastiest partnership Brighton have had in a long time if CMS and Muzza played aside. Better touch upfront this season and i'm sure we'll be going up.

I think there's gotta be something in the whole Murray situation, I can't see us resolving the striker situation before the window shuts though.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I think there's gotta be something in the whole Murray situation, I can't see us resolving the striker situation before the window shuts though.

It does seem Murray is the only striker who would be affordable and good enough to fill the missing gap. I wont be surprised.
What do the Palace fans think of him at the moment?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It does seem Murray is the only striker who would be affordable and good enough to fill the missing gap. I wont be surprised.
What do the Palace fans think of him at the moment?

Pretty much all Palace fans think about Murray the same way- looks a decent player in the air and on the deck, but will need service to really show his best form. Has played a few blinders against Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham at home, but we didn't play to his strengths or get the ball to him.

Nobody wants him to leave, partly due to where he came from :)thumbsup:) and partly because he has scored some massive goals for us.

Would be EXTREMELY surprised if there was any substance to this whatsoever. We are massively short on forwards at the moment and even after another couple of signings we're not in any position to let a player like Glenn go.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I certainly hope this is a joke. Hoskins will come good and anyone wanting Murray back needs their head examining. We have moved on a long way from needing to sign a guy that's barely good enough to play for the pikey scum, there are plenty of league 1 strikers that wouldn't cost the earth to sign, but I thought the idea was that we were looking for a decent first team striker not another 3rd/4th choice has been reject.
Murray, you made your bed now lay in it.

Spot on.

One good season in League One and people think he's going to fire us into the Premiership, conveniently forgetting he did f*** all for his current team last year. :lol:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Spot on.

One good season in League One and people think he's going to fire us into the Premiership, conveniently forgetting he did f*** all for his current team last year. :lol:

Agree totally.
To get to the Prem from the Champ. a team has to be already of Prem quality, not L1's best.... is Murray even that any more?
Imagine his personality in the drdssing room too "hey lads, Glenn is joining you again" - "brilliant, great bloke, missed his sparkling wit and warm camaraderie"
:nono:

Last edited:

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
I bumped into kirstie allsopp in the soft furnishings at laura ashley. I asked her WILL there be anymore location location location? She said Depends on phil.:bigwave:

collins91

Jan 21, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind Murray back but I do not want to see Hoskins leave, especially to the dark side. I really think that when fit he is a quality striker.

On another note, and don't make anything of It I just thought I'd share, a colleague has informed me that Heskey has recently purchased a house in Roedean.

i have heard the same. a new neighbour to a colleague at work

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have no idea whether the petrol station encounter actually happened, but the story of a potential Hoskins/Murray swap deal was going around quite some time before the poster started this thread.

So I'm prepared to give it some degree of credibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have no idea whether the petrol station encounter actually happened, but the story of a potential Hoskins/Murray swap deal was going around quite some time before the poster started this thread.

So I'm prepared to give it some degree of credibility.

This.

This sounds plausible to me, for a couple of reasons.

1. The Albion would have been loathe to pay (Palace of all clubs) a fee for a player they allowed to walk. The swap would mean no cash had to change hands. Plus they'd see losing Hoskins from the wage bill as a net gain.

2. Similarly, the childish Palace board would not let Murray go to us, for fear of their fans reaction. If they were getting a replacement, it’s a different matter.

Sounds like a good deal all round.

How quick do broken feet mend?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This.

This sounds plausible to me, for a couple of reasons.

1. The Albion would have been loathe to pay (Palace of all clubs) a fee for a player they allowed to walk. The swap would mean no cash had to change hands. Plus they'd see losing Hoskins from the wage bill as a net gain.

2. Similarly, the childish Palace board would not let Murray go to us, for fear of their fans reaction. If they were getting a replacement, it’s a different matter.

Sounds like a good deal all round.

How quick do broken feet mend?

From the Gus wont panic buy article: "Poyet wants an attacking addition of similar quality to his three star summer signings at the back – Wayne Bridge, Bruno and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak." Does Murray fit that description? Sounds to me like Gus has his sights set higher (ie a Prem player or similar level)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
There would be a symmetry of sorts what with Will signing the day Glenn's departure to Palace was confirmed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here