Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray quote

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont think most fans like either of them that much. Personally I have nothing against them as both were good players for us, especially Hammond. I know fans dislike Hammond because he gave it the biggun when scoring against us at Withdean but I wasn't at that game so don't hold the same amount of dislike.

Oh. So that makes it like it didn't HAPPEN ?

If Hammond raped your sister, but you weren't actually there at the time, would you cut him a bit of SLACK then ?

*melodrama mode*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My issue with Hammond was that he accused the club of lacking ambition. We promptly signed Murray (ironically) plus a few others and he still left.

Murray was at least honest enough to say it was to do with money and contract length and he never stopped putting in effort on the pitch last season when he could have slackened off.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Murray was at least honest enough to say it was to do with money and contract length and he never stopped putting in effort on the pitch last season when he could have slackened off.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Which of course would have been silly as then NO ONE would have been interested in him!

As for Harding the issue is that he said he WOULD sign when he got back from holiday. Then promptly signed for Leeds. Plus he was SHIT as well.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Three very different scenarios:

Hammond was a local lad who'd come through the youth set up, became our captain, moved to COLCHESTER! (small club) because he felt we couldn't match his ambition, then returned and took the piss in a big way in front of his former fans = wanker.

Harding wasn't a local lad, intended to re-sign for us before the deal to go to LEEDS (big club) became a reality, genuinely felt for the club and was saddened by the stick he got but still didn't give it the billy big bollocks on his returns against us = decent bloke.

Murray is a Northerner who is never going to bleed any colour for any club, signed for our arch rivals for the money and security (opinion will always be split on this as a good or bad reason), and has understandably bigged up his new club without resorting to mud slinging about us (even if he may have felt aggrieved by our contract offer). As to how he behaves on his return, we'll have to wait and see but my money is on him being his usual unemotional self = enigma.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Murray is a Northerner who is never going to bleed any colour for any club, signed for our arch rivals for the money and security (opinion will always be split on this as a good or bad reason), and has understandably bigged up his new club without resorting to mud slinging about us (even if he may have felt aggrieved by our contract offer). As to how he behaves on his return, we'll have to wait and see but my money is on him being his usual unemotional self = enigma.

Complete trossocks! If Uncle's quote by Murray in the opening post is to be believed then that is 100% him having a sly dig at us, as was this article talking about 'My fans' (Palace) and the abuse he took at Brighton:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Health :: Glenn Murray: My fans will see the best of me now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said many times to the vast majority of players the club they play for is just a job hence the attempt to prove otherwise by 'kissing' the badge. It matters little to players like Murray whether he signs for our rivals they are only rivals in the supporters minds. I am just happy that Gus offered what he thought that a player to sit on the bench was worth although I would love to have him on the bench at the moment.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Complete trossocks! If Uncle's quote by Murray in the opening post is to be believed then that is 100% him having a sly dig at us, as was this article talking about 'My fans' (Palace) and the abuse he took at Brighton:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Health :: Glenn Murray: My fans will see the best of me now

Is it? Palace have spent the majority of Murray's life in the Premier League and Championship whilst we have been mostly in Leagues 1 and 2 - so he will have understandably thought of Palace as a bigger club. That other article is factually correct - Palace are his fans now and he did take a shed load of abuse from some of our fans. So, trossocks to you maybe but not to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Hammond was a local lad who'd come through the youth set up, became our captain, moved to COLCHESTER! (small club) because he felt we couldn't match his ambition, then returned and took the piss in a big way in front of his former fans = wanker.

Harding wasn't a local lad, intended to re-sign for us before the deal to go to LEEDS (big club) became a reality, genuinely felt for the club and was saddened by the stick he got but still didn't give it the billy big bollocks on his returns against us = decent bloke.

In short, THIS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Another this

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is it? Palace have spent the majority of Murray's life in the Premier League and Championship whilst we have been mostly in Leagues 1 and 2 - so he will have understandably thought of Palace as a bigger club. .

Dont let the truth get in the way :lolol:

Just out of interest, does anyone know the last time we were above Palace in the league before this season?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Murray who? I'll forget him until he steps out onto the hallowed turf of the Amex, and then he'll get grief, not for the way he played for us, which in his final season was pukka. But for signing for the nigels up the road. I don't much care any more what he says. He is not going to go to Palace and say he preferred it at Brighton is he?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Agree with many posts herein. With Harding and Hammond it was the brinkmanship that left a sour taste. Why do footballers need to be such bullshitters? Just be honest and your decisions will be far more readily accepted. In Murray's case I remain far from convinced that Gus wanted him to sign, or at the very least, he knew the terms that would be offered would be unacceptable to Glenn and his agent. Similar to Ferguson and Tevez/Joorabchian, on a smaller scale. Can't say I'm arsed now tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here