Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray is fit for Saturday, and LuaLua...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Accordingly to the Argus, Murray is fit, and Gus is already talking to Newcastle about extending LuaLua's stay.

:clap:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good news. :clap:

Will be tough on Foz as I thought he did ok at Charlton but Murray is probably a better player in that role.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good news. :clap:

Will be tough on Foz as I thought he did ok at Charlton but Murray is probably a better player in that role.

No it wont as he will play 2 up front...we are at home to Exeter...need 3 points desperate, play 2 strikers.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No it wont as he will play 2 up front...we are at home to Exeter...need 3 points desperate, play 2 strikers.

No thanks. were more likely to get 3 points playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 as is shown in the last two results. :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wonder how much longer Carole will stick around?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No thanks. were more likely to get 3 points playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 as is shown in the last two results. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

To be fair, Marshy refers to Capello (one of the most successful managers in the entire world currently) as a CLOWN, so I don't take his opinion very seriously.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Unless he doesn't want to risk Murray and starts with forster, bringing on murray when forster tires/when he wants to just change things up.

I'm torn about the 4-5-1 it's like it is a special formation for big games away, and like the other poster said, we're at home v exeter and should play 2 or 3 up front. But, if 4-5-1 took Leeds to the brink, and beat Charlton, shouldn't we use it to destroy exeter?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Unless he doesn't want to risk Murray and starts with forster, bringing on murray when forster tires/when he wants to just change things up.

I'm torn about the 4-5-1 it's like it is a special formation for big games away, and like the other poster said, we're at home v exeter and should play 2 or 3 up front. But, if 4-5-1 took Leeds to the brink, and beat Charlton, shouldn't we use it to destroy exeter?

Away its 4-5-1 and at home its 4-3-3. Same players just a different mindset.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So 1 up front, despite how you dress it up, against a team that has just lost at home to Stockport who hadnt won a game since October...

Nothing like letting tehm of the hook before we even kick off.

I sincerely hope were good enough to win this game however we line up, and current results suggest we will hopefully.
If we actually get at this lot from the off then a comfortable victory is there for the taking, and we havent said that a lot this season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm in two minds - I'd like Forster and Murray started together, but would be reluctant to drop anyone or change the system.

4-4-2 at home has not worked really and we need to win this so think continuity should win out and stick with 4-5-1 (4-3-3) and start Murray instead of Forster.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unless he doesn't want to risk Murray

Murrays not coming back from injury though, he's just feeling a bit poorly, so I see no reason not to start him and Fozzie together on Saturday. We've got genuine PENETRATION down both flanks, so we should play BOTH our main strikers and thoroughly bitchslap those bumpkins into next Tuesday.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So 1 up front, despite how you dress it up, against a team that has just lost at home to Stockport who hadnt won a game since October...

Nothing like letting tehm of the hook before we even kick off.

Its not as simple as that though is it, at home it becomes a 4-3-3 because we will be on the front foot more, your last sentence is comical to say the least, I'm sure they will feel 'let off the hook' knowing that we have just beaten Charlton and so nearly beaten Leeds with the same formation..:shootself

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Their away form is as bad as our home form. Dull 0-0 draw written all over it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here