Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray doubt for Albion

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Albion are sweating on the fitness of striker Glenn Murray ahead of their trip to Hartlepool.

Murray, the only player to score for the Seagulls in their last six League One games, emerged from Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at Peterborough with a badly swollen thigh.

Results of a scan are expected to be known first thing today but boss Micky Adams admitted: “He has got to be extremely doubtful.”

Albion are already without injured striker Nicky Forster and possible stand-in Adam Virgo was a key part of the defensive master plan at London Road as high-scoring Posh were held goalless.

The Seagulls’ next opponents put five past Huddersfield on Tuesday and their Victoria Park home has been the place to be for goals this season, with a total of 32 having been scored in six fixtures so far. :censored::shootself

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its OK, we can loan someone in to sit on the bench whilst Virgo plays the loan striker role

Murray was class on Tuesday night, we badly need him in the team and playing upfront with an actual striker, as a lot of his hard work went unrewarded upfront on his own.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping the team managed by the man Dick should have got in instead of Adams doesn't turn us over badly, not having Murray will be a massive blow imo.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hoping the team managed by the man Dick should have got in instead of Adams doesn't turn us over badly, not having Murray will be a massive blow imo.

All this crap about Danny Wilson is beginning to annoy me. Are people stupid? He had a job already at Hartlepool so we would have had to pay compensation. We have also never taken another team's manager before when appointing. Finally, he may be happy there and not want to come to us. :angry:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
All this crap about Danny Wilson is beginning to annoy me. Are people stupid? He had a job already at Hartlepool so we would have had to pay compensation. We have also never taken another team's manager before when appointing. Finally, he may be happy there and not want to come to us. :angry:

AND, I believe we beat his team at Cardiff. His teams play pretty football but don't win anything. So if we get in the position of needing a new manager he might be in the frame but not my first choice.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
AND, I believe we beat his team at Cardiff. His teams play pretty football but don't win anything. So if we get in the position of needing a new manager he might be in the frame but not my first choice.

Playoffs for a couple of years running, promoted with Barnsley? I would love a manager who's team play decent football, it would also lead to an increase in Withdean crowds which, it seems, was the main reason for appointing Adams.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So we can never do it? Now THAT is a stupid comment

It is not a stupid comment as it reflects the way the club works. Firstly, we don't have money to spend on compensation for managers and secondly some clubs deal in different ways. We have always been quite honourable in our dealings with other clubs and not stolen their managers.

I also agree with Warsaw that he is not that fantastic a manager.

Also, if Murray is injured, we will have to hope for 0-0 again as nobody else can score

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is not a stupid comment as it reflects the way the club works. Firstly, we don't have money to spend on compensation for managers and secondly some clubs deal in different ways. We have always been quite honourable in our dealings with other clubs and not stolen their managers.

I also agree with Warsaw that he is not that fantastic a manager.

Also, if Murray is injured, we will have to hope for 0-0 again as nobody else can score

I think the goalposts were moved forever with the DW affair, but probably better not to go into that again. If it suited the club and they could afford it I have no doubt that they would poach another club's manager. The fact that we have never been in a position to do it doesn't automatically mean the board are too honourable to do it,more likely that we couldn't, even if we'd wanted to, although I used to think like you.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Fook know who will go up front..... worrying!

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Virgo right back, Anyinsah and Thornton on the wings, McCleod up front with or without Robinson.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if he is going to play 4-5-1 again, then you need that target man option to hold the ball up and wait for support. none of our back up strikers can offer that, with the exception of maybe gatting. looks like he will be forced into playing virgo up there

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wouldn't have described Bobby Z as a target man, but he managed to do alright up front on his own.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wouldn't have described Bobby Z as a target man, but he managed to do alright up front on his own.
He was strong, had a good touch, mobile. That's what you need to be a target man. Also he was 10x better than the players he was playing against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here