Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mubarak HAS gone 'within hours'...so WTF altered my thread title?

Mubarak could be gone 'within hours' and then again..........

The title of my thread was just Mubarak could be gone 'within hours',which he has done (within 24 actually), but meantime some sneaky mod tried to be clever by adding 'and then again' without my permission. The fact that he turned out to be wrong is irrelevant; the point is that I do not take kindly to people altering what I write on this board.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Personally I'm not mad on this recent trend of thread altering either. Would be slightly more comfortable with it if you could see which mod had done it so a PM could be sent to ask why.

Any reasons mod towers? and please don't tell me to send a PM there has been enough of this to ask this publically....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Slightly unnerving hearing all the punters in Tahrir Square shouting "Allah-hu Akhbar" :eek:

I know it just means God Is Great, but normally we hear it under rather different circumstances.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I believe Mubarak retires with personal wealth of £43 Billion. Coming to a football club near you?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Slightly unnerving hearing all the punters in Tahrir Square shouting "Allah-hu Akhbar" :eek:

I know it just means God Is Great, but normally we hear it under rather different circumstances.

Maybe, but it was very encouraging to see the Coptic Christians holding a public mass in the square last Sunday to show that the protest isn't just Muslim, and even MORE encouraging to see the Muslims forming a ring round them while they did it to protect them.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks for sharing that. I know some Palestinian Christians here, they're pretty much united with Mulsims in their condemnation of Israeli attacks as well. Indeed, two of our Palestinians here, one Muslim, one Christian and been to both the Mosque and the Coptic Church together. This is something we don't see much of in the western media for some reason.

Historically, Bethlehem was predominantly a Christian city. In 1947, 75 per cent of the population of Bethlehem was Christian. Emigration (largely caused by the stranglehold that Israel has imposed on the city) has caused this to drop to below 20 per cent now. But Christians are still a significant element in the population of the Palestinian Territories.

Suha Arafat, wife of Yasser Arafat, was a Christian.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just heard that his billions $$$ in his Swiss bank account has been seized.

That would be sweet music.

With a few thousand left he could just about afford Palace.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Historically, Bethlehem was predominantly a Christian city. In 1947, 75 per cent of the population of Bethlehem was Christian. Emigration (largely caused by the stranglehold that Israel has imposed on the city) has caused this to drop to below 20 per cent now. But Christians are still a significant element in the population of the Palestinian Territories.

Suha Arafat, wife of Yasser Arafat, was a Christian.

Ramallah, where one of our students comes from, was predominantly Christian as well.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I do admit to naivety when it comes to the politics of the near Arab world, but don't some find it slightly unnerving that the more westernized states are going through this sudden change in leadership? it seems that there is a 'mexican wave' like overhaul through the North African states. Next is Algeria! Morocco and Libya and we'll have a clean sweep along the med. What will this bring and strange that spreading so quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here