Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Burns and Jimbo

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
It was Delfouneso from Villa as they really needed him to gain more match experience but they got injuries to there front men and he has now been playing and scoring. Charlton also were in for him but they went in for the lad from Liverpool.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In fairness to Mr Burns, he always said is was highly unlikely.

They definately had targets but refused to pay the wages/fee - Poyet has said as much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Always assumed from the way Mr Burns described the player that it was Robbie Keane, fit the bill.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK well, now you're here Monty, who is it? You can say, as they're clearly not coming...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Always assumed from the way Mr Burns described the player that it was Robbie Keane, fit the bill.
Was it that obvious! Before I get hammered for talking shit, I have to point out from the outset I didn't think we'd ever have a chance of signing him and said so on here. My source was the same who give me the info about all the managerial changes over the past few years, and too a letter they turned out to be true, even if some still won't expect it.

He told me that we will be signing a young Tottenham winger on loan, and we be getting said "Special Player" with him. 2 days later near the end of the last loan window, Poyet then says something in the argus along the lines of.... if we sign one, we'll sign two on loan. That's when I was sure the info was more than likely true as it was a strange comment for Poyet to make, and it fitted in with what I'd been told. A day after that Harry Redknapp said that Keane was not for loan, but for sale only, even though it appears he went back on that.

A fan, probably Fat Boy Slim but not totally sure, was going to stump up the wages 10% or £7k a week for the loan period. And yes the special one Poyet referred to was Keane. Maybe it was only for December maybe longer, I don't know the details of it. The fact we shelled out £300k on Noone and he wasn't the special one, does suggest the special one was truely special along the lines of a Keane. I know Poyet was at Tottenham for a year or two after Keane joined, so thought it could be an old mates act in getting him here. Obviosuly staying in the Prem with West Ham is best all round for Keane.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jimbo!? Doesn't have a fecking SCOOBY about anything. He's done attention seeking threads before and got them 100% wrong - he says we're signing a special player today and again I'll bet ya it's bollox.

Boxing day game is definitely on !

Gus to Chelsea

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Regards Keane, I had along with another NSC'r (I'll let them name them selves if they like) heard the same rumour, however as I wasnt sure on the credibility of the source I left it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here