Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP's Stadium Blog

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
A new one today. Nothing 'ground breaking'. I didn't know the Time Team was still on site - I thought they only had 3 days. No mention of funding - I've decided to bury my head in the sand on that issue. It'll be alright---won't it?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
By the sound of it the funding isn’t our only hurdle. The legal agreements with the council and Brighton university still needs to be approved by the Cabinet and the planning application is still awaiting approval!

I can’t see the cabinet not approving the scheme but the planning committee in my opinion is definitely going to raise issues with the revised stadium plans and in particular the way the new design blends in with the surrounding area. Also the planning committee will have to take into account objections to the scheme of which there is likely to be many, how many people have sent letters in support of the stadium, 10,000? 15,000? How many people have objected?

My confidence that this project would go ahead was high once work commenced on the widening of village way, now I’m not so sure.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No opinion on this one then?
I’ve sent a link of the blog to a good friend of mine who works for the planning office for a another large conurbation to see what he makes of it all….. I’m probably just worrying like a little girl.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It's better to be cautious than complacent, but the stadium project is not going to be scuppered now, is it?

Now that we've had Martin's stadium blog, can we have Dick's transfer blog?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here