Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP Changes his mind!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I got this email from Conservative & Wealden MP: CHARLES HENDRY

"Dear Mr McWatt,

Thank you for your email regarding the proposed Falmer Stadium. I am writing to let you know that I have reconsidered my position on the Falmer Stadium.

You will be pleased to know that I have signed EDM 889 in support for the Falmer Stadium. I agree that Brighton and Hove Albion badly needs to be able to expand its capacity if it is to have a viable future, especially now that they been promoted to the First Division. I have also been persuaded by Rory Love, Conservative candidate for Lewes, of value of the stadium to the area, bringing jobs and allowing Brighton and Hove Albion to expand valuable community programs such as Football in the Community. The concerns about planning, I believe, can be overcome so that the village of Falmer is not ruined.

I am proud to lending my support to the only professional league team in Sussex, and wish them the best of luck in the coming season in Division One.

Yours sincerely

Charles Hendry

What a nice chap!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Interesting to see he changed his mind after speaking to the Conservative candidate for Lewes, who will be trying to beat Norman Baker in the general election.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i must say that's an impressive letter. a tory admitting his early view was incorrect and that he now supports our cause. mighty impressed too that he recognises the impact of our promotion!

if mr prescott fecks us now my lifelong relationship with the labour party will be seriously strained:angry:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What's the latest headcount on the EDM? Anyone know?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
An M.P with a mind? That's scary!:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here