Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did anybody hear that Green Party councillor talk about the Amex on Radio Sussex this morning? He was saying how big a football fan he was, how benficial to the area the Stadium was and how the environmental effect on the area was not as great as had been feared. WHAT THE F*CK HAD WE BEEN TELLING THEM FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS :tantrum: Perhaps we should send them the bill for the public enquiries etc?
Pretty sure the Greens and the other environmental groups accepted the resuly of the planing inspector didn't they?
They might have had objections but they weren't the ones who held it up for so long.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I gather that HB&B has given up blogs in favour of writing a self help book, it's called 'Buffoonery for Idiots'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Did anybody hear that Green Party councillor talk about the Amex on Radio Sussex this morning? He was saying how big a football fan he was, how benficial to the area the Stadium was and how the environmental effect on the area was not as great as had been feared. WHAT THE F*CK HAD WE BEEN TELLING THEM FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS :tantrum: Perhaps we should send them the bill for the public enquiries etc?

If they'd played an ACTIVE part in trying to stop, I'd agree fully it. As it is, they had environmental concerns which they voiced to the extent that they opposed the stadium at Falmer.

I don't recall them actively signing up to any challenges to Prescott's decision. They did say that they would accept whatever decision was made, and as far as I am aware, they have stuck to that. Now, it seems, they are largely in favour. Of course, it's meaningless not to be, because it's now been built.

Also, I don't know that any Green councillor has ever voted against any of the stadium applications.

To be fair, (and I am sure I'll be corrected), but I believe there was only 1 Green councillor on the planning committee at that time. Can hardly hold them responsible when there are 11 other councillors on that committee!

To be fair and correct my if I'm wrong but did any political party apart from the Liberal Democrats in Lewes actually oppose the stadium? I always though it was the Society Of Sussex Downsmen, Falmer Parish Council, Lewes District Council and the Campaign For Rural England who opposed building the stadium at Falmer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Right. Without wading thru all this go left, go right, go straight up ahead, go left, go right, go left nonsense.

What is meat free mondays exactly as far as the council is concerned?

I saw that interview and Im none the wiser :shrug:
I think it is the idea that meat will not available as a lunchtime choice in all council canteens, which obviously brings shame and embarrassment to the "town" - because it is a Green Party idea, despite it actually being a Tory idea. It is also one short step to Stalinism from this point.

Personally, my own family indulges in "meat-free" Wednesday or Thursday and has done for a good couple of years now. We concluded ages ago that meat on a daily basis simply wasn't necessary, so we'll have a cheese omelette with salad or something like that at least once a week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyhow, next time the Tories try to fight this constituency can you do me a favour and stay at home please? Ta!
I'd say that I am a left of centre voter by default but would definitely consider voting for a predominantly centre-right Tory party. However it has to be said, reading hb&b's ridiculous spiteful, inaccurate bollocks reminds me why I tend not to vote Tory, because any Tory government would probably end up pandering to clueless ill informed morons such as him.

I swear his campaigning for the Tory party does them more harm than good. He is only ever going to appeal to the one-eyed blue rinse brigade who would only ever vote Tory anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think it is the idea that meat will not available as a lunchtime choice in all council canteens, which obviously brings shame and embarrassment to the "town" - because it is a Green Party idea, despite it actually being a Tory idea. It is also one short step to Stalinism from this point.

Personally, my own family indulges in "meat-free" Wednesday or Thursday and has done for a good couple of years now. We concluded ages ago that meat on a daily basis simply wasn't necessary, so we'll have a cheese omelette with salad or something like that at least once a week.

Thanks Sim.

So basically its about nothing at all really in the grand scheme of things and its another attention seeking thread! Got you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Agreed. There are benefits beyond the greater good all round to be honest.
1. Meat every day isn't good for you. 3 or 4 times a week should be ample to sustain a healthy balanced diet.
2. The cost of meat is through the roof, on the weekly shop you will save a reasonably sum in looking at alternatives to meat.

I did eat in V-Bites on Hove Lagoon last weekend which has been revamped over the winter. Great improvement. I actually enjoyed my soya ice cream and meat substitute spag-bol! Finally, she appears to be reaching the right balance with the place.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd say that I am a left of centre voter by default but would definitely consider voting for a predominantly centre-right Tory party. However it has to be said, reading hb&b's ridiculous spiteful, inaccurate bollocks reminds me why I tend not to vote Tory, because any Tory government would probably end up pandering to clueless ill informed morons such as him.

I swear his campaigning for the Tory party does them more harm than good. He is only ever going to appeal to the one-eyed blue rinse brigade who would only ever vote Tory anyway.

For the lot of good it did him even in True Blue Withdean. One of his three councillors (Withdean ward) is... *gasp* ... a Green councillor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I've maintained for a long time that eating meat every meal is unnecessary and slightly thoughtless even.

Why it's a trend (with most of the world except vegetarians) I don't know except it keeps farmers, abattoirs and butchers in more business.

Red meat just occasionally, chicken a few times, 'snack meats' like pizzas and salami sandwiches maybe, and lots of fish - makes up my own monthly intake. Fruit and veg, pasta with a mush or tom sauce, baked taters with sour cream, and some egg dishes work to fill in the blanks.
I don't mind going hungry a bit either, rather than smash down a crap-burger or doffnut for the sake of it - it's not natural to immediately satisfy hunger pangs just to be rid of them, best to let them pass occasionally and eat properly when the time comes.

And I am one healthy fellow so... there.

To be fair and correct my if I'm wrong but did any political party apart from the Liberal Democrats in Lewes actually oppose the stadium? I always though it was the Society Of Sussex Downsmen, Falmer Parish Council, Lewes District Council and the Campaign For Rural England who opposed building the stadium at Falmer.
Don't forget the Regency Society of Brighton & Hove and the (now abolished) Sussex Downs Conservation Board.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And I am one healthy fellow so... there.
HB&B on the other hand, is an obese red-faced prick, which is why he laughably waddled home in the 2010 Brighton (town) Marathon in a time of about 16 hours.

Perhaps a few less meat pies and a few more salads would have saved him from that favourite word of his, embarrassment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HB&B on the other hand, is an obese red-faced prick, which is why he laughably waddled home in the 2010 Brighton (town) Marathon in a time of about 16 hours.

Perhaps a few less meat pies and a few more salads would have saved him from that favourite word of his, embarrassment.

I bet his family were really proud of that achievement. Wear your medal with pride do you HBnB?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't forget the Regency Society of Brighton & Hove and the (now abolished) Sussex Downs Conservation Board.

God I hate The Regency Society. How can such a small organisation hold such sway in this city?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Every party have members that say things that are an embarrasment. I give you Ken Clarke as an example, tory through and through but doesnt have a f**king clue. Actually does that sound like anyone on this board? Has HB&B and Ken Clarke been seen in the same room at the same time? The truth is out there :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And that is YOUR choice. My objection to "meat-free" Monday is that it removes choice and attempts to instill a lifestyle that is a choice not compulsory. I couldn't give a monkeys arse if it's a Tory, Labour or Green idea. By all means encourage the lifestyle but forcing it on people is wrong. Thankfully I neither work for the council nor in any of the council functions such as schools that are affected but if I did then I would probably make sure I took a bacon sandwich in for breakfast, a big fat dripping burger for lunch and meat based snacks every Monday.

Personally I'd rather the council spent its stretched resources and time on running the city than coming up with and implementing wacky ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here