Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought Simster was your epitome of desperate Brighton wannabe?

I've been trying to keep an open mind and not jumping on the hb&b is a twat bandwagon, but you are a bit of a nob aren't you!

Do you mean knob?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Does anyone else suspect Mr Inbred is a double agent? I mean he purports to be a proud tory, yet he acts like some caricature of a 1980's local conservative club member from a radio 4 comedy sketch. Everytime he opens his mouth he shoots himself in the foot. All these crass attacks on Lucas end up backfiring. I can only conclude he's some sort of deep cover agent. That or the biggest spacker ever to commit his thoughts to the internet

Dandyman

In London village.

Dandyman

In London village.
Does anyone else suspect Mr Inbred is a double agent? I mean he purports to be a proud tory, yet he acts like some caricature of a 1980's local conservative club member from a radio 4 comedy sketch. Everytime he opens his mouth he shoots himself in the foot. All these crass attacks on Lucas end up backfiring. I can only conclude he's some sort of deep cover agent. That or the biggest spacker ever to commit his thoughts to the internet

Agent Timmy at his best.

According to Twitter Hodges is in fact a sleeper for the Revolutionary Marxist Vegan Front (Groucho Marxist Tendency).

Catholics yes, not everybody though.

Well being Catholic that's why I probably thought it! I thought it was fairly common amongst most people in Britain until the 60's, even non-Catholics. I have non-Catholic friends who used to eat fish on Fridays.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Er....we live in a city.

er........why cannot people refer to it as a town when thats what they grew up calling it? there is not an adult alive who was born in brighton when it was a 'city'.

please do yourself a favour. hb&b is bang on on this particular issue. it makes me cringe all the time hearing this.

the insistence on referring to it as such in such a desperate manner is more than a bit embarrassing and small time.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Giving up meat is due to the expensive cost of said meat, shirley. Which is because of capitalism and the EEC etc not communism. Bit like football really.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well being Catholic that's why I probably thought it! I thought it was fairly common amongst most people in Britain until the 60's, even non-Catholics. I have non-Catholic friends who used to eat fish on Fridays.

I am a non Catholic Friday fish eater

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

Agreed. I am also a fish-eating, bead-rattling, left-footer. And I always thought fish was an accepted Friday thing - although hasn't that tradition declined over the years?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
f*** a Duck: 12 pages & counting! When did Hove Spam & Bread bale (if indeed he has)? Perhaps he briefly trotted off to gen up on how the pork sausage-loving Tsar Nicholas II was beaten to death with celery stalks: cruely wielded by demented Vegan Bolsheviks??

Methinks this could get messy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I grew up calling Pluto a planet. Fact is, it isn't so now I don't.
The Earth was thought to be flat but we do not refer to it a flat anymore, because it isn't.
I call Zimbabwe Zimbabwe because that is what it is called now.
I also use Euros is France and not Francs, because they no longer exist.

Do you know why? Because if I didn't no one would have a clue what I was talking about and I would not be able to purchase anything when in a country with the Euro.

make all the bizarre comparisons you want but the fact is you are desperate to call brighton a city as it gives you a gee up. thats the only reason. in the UK cities are ancient cathedral cities or industrial centres and large ports. not blooming seaside towns. getting all tense about referring to it properly doesnt change the fact. i love the place but it dismays me the tragic insecure obsession with city status. like the town had anything to prove in the first place. every time i hear the forced 'city' references on here i feel sorry for the utterer. there is not a person i know who refers to brighton as a city in normal conversation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have hardly any gut at all . You Sir are the epitome of a desperate Brighton wannabe.

Not a gut ? Well that does surprise me because despite the fact you try to express it on here so often you're still full of shit.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I also use Euros is France and not Francs, because they no longer exist.

Do you know why? Because if I didn't no one would have a clue what I was talking about and I would not be able to purchase anything when in a country with the Euro.

hahaha in france you will still see the franc price next to a euro one occasionally. so you are saying, you reckon if you started talking about francs in france no one would know what you are on about? i think not. using that as an example, laughably claiming an ancient unit of currency that has only very recently been changed, has been effectively forgotten overnight, hardly adds weight to your argument au contraire as they say in france. whilst counting their euros and being baffled by the concept that they ever had another currency.

just admit you are keen to call brighton a city as it makes it seem bigger and more sophisticated and important. its ok just admit it. a lot of people on here do the same.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Agreed. I am also a fish-eating, bead-rattling, left-footer. And I always thought fish was an accepted Friday thing - although hasn't that tradition declined over the years?

The Catholic church decided that it was okay to eat meat on a Friday a long time ago. However do you know why Catholics weren't supposed to eat meat on a Friday ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here