Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And that is YOUR choice. My objection to "meat-free" Monday is that it removes choice and attempts to instill a lifestyle that is a choice not compulsory. I couldn't give a monkeys arse if it's a Tory, Labour or Green idea. By all means encourage the lifestyle but forcing it on people is wrong. Thankfully I neither work for the council nor in any of the council functions such as schools that are affected but if I did then I would probably make sure I took a bacon sandwich in for breakfast, a big fat dripping burger for lunch and meat based snacks every Monday.

Personally I'd rather the council spent its stretched resources and time on running the city than coming up with and implementing wacky ideas.
But that is ALL they are doing. If you feel strongly about meat, buy it outside or bring some in from home. It's just that for ONE day, it won't be on the council menu. That is not FORCING it on anyone. I'm fairly sure they don't offer cigarettes in the canteen either - does that mean they are FORCING you not to smoke?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Smoking is not a good example, smoking harms other people's health unlike eating meat, the fact that smoking has been banned in pubs is to accommodate the wishes of people who don't smoke. Of course it could be argued that it will now encourage people to go into pubs to have a drink and become alcoholics, well to HB&B and his ilk anyway.

Well, it was not the example I would have used myself, however it would appear from this thread that there are a lot of people that advocate a meat free day because of the health reasons.

Not in the same league as smoking maybe but still on the premises.

For me any restriction on any freedom (whether to smoke or eat meat) is just more steps on the road to totalitarianism. I dont need any f*cker to educate me...........least of all politicans of whatever hue.

The sooner that lot are chucked in the oven the better.

Hasta la victoria siempere.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't know anything about Meat-Free Monday, HB&B or politics, but I've just eaten 4 Kit-Kats in a row.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, it was not the example I would have used myself, however it would appear from this thread that there are a lot of people that advocate a meat free day because of the health reasons.

Not in the same league as smoking maybe but still on the premises.

For me any restriction on any freedom (whether to smoke or eat meat) is just more steps on the road to totalitarianism. I dont need any f*cker to educate me...........least of all politicans of whatever hue.

The sooner that lot are chucked in the oven the better.

Hasta la victoria siempere.

Nobody is being forced not to eat meat, they're just not being encouraged to. Hardly 1984 is it ?

This meat free Monday has got me thinking, it's just modern day politicians re-hashing an idea a great majority of the British public have been a part of, an idea that goes way, way back, they have just changed the day. Wasn't it the norm for most people to eat fish on a Friday a few years back?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, the then Tory-led council implemented it in some schools.

But they didn't 'come up with a wacky idea'. Someone else came up with a reasonably good idea.

So given I didn't specify either a party or which version of the council might I suggest you read my post properly before implying I hadn't read the thread :p

The measure of whacky is subjective - you don't think this idea is, I do.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The measure of whacky is subjective - you don't think this idea is, I do.

I can imagine how useful you would be in a creative meeting brainstorming some 'wacky' ideas.........ok ok, pass the spliff a second....*inhales*....right, I've got the wackiest of all wacky ideas.... how about no meat option in the canteen on Mondays....what do you think?....it's out there isn't it......

D

Deleted User X18H

HB&B on the other hand, is an obese red-faced prick, which is why he laughably waddled home in the 2010 Brighton (town) Marathon in a time of about 16 hours.

Perhaps a few less meat pies and a few more salads would have saved him from that favourite word of his, embarrassment.

Red faced! How dare you. At least I'm not the totally desperate Brighton wannabe you appear to be.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This meat free Monday has got me thinking, it's just modern day politicians re-hashing an idea a great majority of the British public have been a part of, an idea that goes way, way back, they have just changed the day. Wasn't it the norm for most people to eat fish on a Friday a few years back?

Catholics yes, not everybody though.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes but he doesn't have your gut and has more hair. I don't think he attacks cyclists either.

I have hardly any gut at all . You Sir are the epitome of a desperate Brighton wannabe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have hardly any gut at all . You Sir are the epitome of a desperate Brighton wannabe.

I thought Simster was your epitome of desperate Brighton wannabe?

I've been trying to keep an open mind and not jumping on the hb&b is a twat bandwagon, but you are a bit of a nob aren't you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here