Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to spain

Twente2

Jul 12, 2011
Thinkin of movin there in 3-5 years how much money will i need to have saved so i could potentially live up to a year w/o a job (worst case, obvioisly would want 1 asap) and what would i need to be able to live and work there

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You'll need their version of an NI number... costs 20-40 euros, before you can work. Hope that helps a little.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
My folks retired out in Spain and love it, Im off to see them in next week, great life and great place, they live in Mercier, if I could I would move there, However, there are no jobs and because of the unemployment the Spanish Goverment "charge" companies for employing anyone who is not Spanish (Spanish jobs for Spanish people policy) so alot of employers wont employ "foriegners" because they get charged more in tax

Dont mean to put a downer on things, on the upside there was a three bed property with swimming pool for only 300 Euros a month to rent

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
It's a fantastic plan- I would move to Catalunia in a heartbeat but Mrs Mammoth ain't so agreeable.

50% unemployment among the under 30's there at the mo. Make sure you have a desirable trade or skill.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Mate its possible I reckon, funnily enuf I'm thinking of doing the same myself. My fiancee is doing a pgce this yr with the view of being out there in about 3yrs. get urself a tefl qualification and you could teach english out there. There's afew threads on tefls on here and plenty of people doing it, who seem happy to help:)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
From what I understand you're really going to need to work for yourself so definitely would need a trade of some sort

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Mate its possible I reckon, funnily enuf I'm thinking of doing the same myself. My fiancee is doing a pgce this yr with the view of being out there in about 3yrs. get urself a tefl qualification and you could teach english out there. There's afew threads on tefls on here and plenty of people doing it, who seem happy to help:)

Yep. One thread here; Very o/t - Anyone got experience of teaching English abroad?

It was very helpful to me. I reccomend giving it a look.

Twente2

Jul 12, 2011
if you want to go out there, go now mate ...... before they put a stop on it.

Cant have no money, gonna save for next fews years and if they put a stop to it then ill just find another country togo to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here