Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

most violence seen at goldstone

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
i remember watching millwall break in when i was a kid, must have been in 1990 or so...

What memories do you have of violence at home games?

I also remember cardiff city chasing a load of us through hove park

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There are only two incidents to compare.....

Spurs '78(?) and Chelsea '83. Wasn't at the Spurs game so for me it has to be Chelsea.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Early 90's Millwall, all wearing green surgeons masks, ran across from the East terrace and climbed into the seats in the West stand......carnage

Also destroyed the night club under the top rank on the Friday night, it was like a bar room brawl in a old western cowboy film

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
spurs 77 got in the north stand held play up for 15 mins, just 12 standing on the east terrace shitting myself with my uncle and his mate who was having ago at he spurs around us:clap:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
i remember watching millwall break in when i was a kid, must have been in 1990 or so...

What memories do you have of violence at home games?

I also remember cardiff city chasing a load of us through hove park

I think you will find it was Brighton who chased Cardiff in the end !!!:thumbsup:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Early 90's Millwall, all wearing green surgeons masks, ran across from the East terrace and climbed into the seats in the West stand......carnage

Also destroyed the night club under the top rank on the Friday night, it was like a bar room brawl in a old western cowboy film

surely you mean 70s

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007

Spurs '78(?) and Chelsea '83. Wasn't at the Spurs game so for me it has to be Chelsea.

Yeah. Chelsea '83 was pwopah naughty. GERTCHA.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Millwall first ever wore their 'surgeon masks' at a game at the Goldstone in the '70's

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal, mid week, early eighties, was certainly a bit dodgy.
Some bloke stood on my head, I was pre teen and minding my own business stood in the NWest as he came climbing over the fence, and used me as a step down.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
A little off topic but does anyone one remember Foster pushing over the lino/ref in a home game in about 1995/96 or is my memory playing tricks on me?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Southampton FA cup for near the ground, it was kicking of all over the place.

Chelsea and a millwall game were a bit meaty.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

I was at the Spurs one and it was like watching a scene from a war film, as a young kid it was inprinted on my brain this day. I also went to an away game at White Hart Lane (78 or 79?) with my dad on the coach from Brighton, on the way out the entire side of the coach was bricked in.

I was pushed under the seats by the adults to protect from the showering glass, we drove all the way back to Brighton freezing to death, happy days:smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant remember which year it was but it really kicked off outside after we played Pompey one year. Saw a motor cycle cop in crash helmet give pompey fan a Glasgow Kiss

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Chelsea(fa cup) in 73 was fun.having had a bit of a run in with some of the west hove mafia(Chelsea Skins)in the weeks before,a quiet drink at the Stadium in old shoreham road was not the best idea for a pre game pint.the day just got worse at the Goldstone.

Last edited:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I was at the Spurs one and it was like watching a scene from a war film, as a young kid it was inprinted on my brain this day. I also went to an away game at White Hart Lane (78 or 79?) with my dad on the coach from Brighton, on the way out the entire side of the coach was bricked in.

I was pushed under the seats by the adults to protect from the showering glass, we drove all the way back to Brighton freezing to death, happy days:smile:

Me and my Dad went to Northampton away in '77 or thereabouts, on the coach, they put our windows in as we left, Northampton FFS! Around the same time we went to Palace on the train and a couple of bricks ended up coming through our window somewhere near Selhurst.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Southampton FA cup for near the ground, it was kicking of all over the place.

Chelsea and a millwall game were a bit meaty.

Newtown Road was a battle field after the Southampton game, remember seeing a few lads with Millwall badges on. Im belive Southampton knocked Millwall out in the previous round and a few were down looking for some sort of revenge.

I think we played Millwall not long after that and the windows of the Post Officce in Newtown Rd got put through by Millwall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here