And look who are bottom

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ahh look , who is bottom of the shots table :lol:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Good. Last season I felt we (like Arsenal do) played the ball around the edge of the box too much and a lot of promising sitautions didn't end up with even a shot at goal.

I think that players like Bridge and Bruno will be encouraged to have a pop at target a bit more from outside the box, just to mix it up now and then and already a reward has been reaped by Bridge's goal v Barnsley.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Good. Last season I felt we (like Arsenal do) played the ball around the edge of the box too much and a lot of promising sitautions didn't end up with even a shot at goal. <br />
<br />
I think that players like Bridge and Bruno will be encouraged to have a pop at target a bit more from outside the box, just to mix it up now and then and already a reward has been reaped by Bridge's goal v Barnsley.

This.

With Bridge, Bruno & Crofts more willing to shoot from distance than Navs & Dicker (and better at it!), oppo sides can't sit as deep in the hope we'll just pass sideways like last year. It mixes it up and the threat of shots from outside the box means they have to close the space down, creating gaps for CMS to latch onto for little threaded through balls, exactly where he wants to be, in behind.

I didn't put it on here during the window because the fervour for 'a big man up top' was borderline rabid, but I genuinely don't think we need a target man, other than for additional height at set plays. A tweak of personnel in midfield was all that was needed to release CMS to do what he does best, and now we have that I'm confident he will notch 15/20 goals and we'll be there or thereabouts come spring.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What were the 3 woodwork hits? CMS header vs Hull...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If I had a complaint last season it was lack of goals (particularly away from home) and a lack of shots .... leading to some fairly boring football on occasion.

Early days, but we seem to have fixed that ... which can only be good news leading to more attractive football and more goals.

Up the Albion!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If I had a complaint last season it was lack of goals (particularly away from home) and a lack of shots .... leading to some fairly boring football on occasion.

Early days, but we seem to have fixed that ... which can only be good news leading to more attractive football and more goals.

Up the Albion!

God yes last season

Watford A
Reading A
Cov A
Burnley A
Barnsley A
WHU A

I dont think we had ONE shot that I can remember.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Mine says Derby is top

That's accuracy, which some would argue is more important.

Palace are the second most accurate behind Derby with 58.1% and 78.9% of shots on target respectively. Brighton are 18th with 44.6% You can have all the shots in the world (ask Suarez) but you have to hit the target with them.

EDIT: It's the sort. Must be sorted by shots on target.

Dec 29, 2011
oh OP said most shots, not shots on target. I guess that is correct but most shots on target is probably a better stat, although it is promising to see us take a chance more often. Can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here