Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most memorable - CHELTENHAM (A).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Another trip with not many matchday memories.

I've only been twice & one of those I didn't see the game, but that's another story. On that day we were beat . Football crowd noise travels a fair distance & i could hear the noise from some distance away up on Cleeve Hill. Naturally, i hoped it had been our lot doing the shouting so i was a tad dismayed when i met up with all the disconsolate Albion fans at the station afterwards.

So, my only match there was in Micky Adams' days and it was a poor 0-0. memorable? Well, I think a burger van caught fire (doesn't it always there?) and the portacabin loos were 2nd only to Barnet's in the disgusting stakes.

I hope the facilities have improved because I'll be there for this one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
facilities much better now - i thought it was the 3-1 loss in which the burger van caught fire - wicks and cartwright (last game?) had a SHOCKER

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
dont think there's many good memories of this one except the burger van catching fire and dougie loft's last min saver in november

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
facilities much better now - i thought it was the 3-1 loss in which the burger van caught fire - wicks and cartwright (last game?) had a SHOCKER

yep that was the burger van day...we were dreadful
and as you say the away stand is much better theses days

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did Freeman get sent off for stamping on the same day as the burger van fire?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I dont think I have ever been so scared in my life at a football ground as I was at Whaddon Road. Some memories just will stick with you for the rest of your life good, or in this case very bad.

I mean Charles Ball in a blonde wig and a skirt. COME ON!!

You think that's bad. I sat next to him like that.

Yoda

English & European
That burger van was well funny. Also remember the gents porta-loo's overflowing and a stream off piss running everywhere.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well my youngster and me are planning to make the trip from Burgess Hill so I am hoping for loads of good memories from tomorrow. Can I just check that I don't need any away membership card to just pay on the gate? :albion2:

bigkev2007

Banned
Jan 30, 2008
Another trip with not many matchday memories.

I've only been twice & one of those I didn't see the game, but that's another story. On that day we were beat . Football crowd noise travels a fair distance & i could hear the noise from some distance away up on Cleeve Hill. Naturally, i hoped it had been our lot doing the shouting so i was a tad dismayed when i met up with all the disconsolate Albion fans at the station afterwards.

So, my only match there was in Micky Adams' days and it was a poor 0-0. memorable? Well, I think a burger van caught fire (doesn't it always there?) and the portacabin loos were 2nd only to Barnet's in the disgusting stakes.

I hope the facilities have improved because I'll be there for this one.

the 0-0 was memrobale for me guy next to me randomly punched a steward remember it was an awful game 0-0 end of the season game funny times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here