Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most impressed you've been by the opposition at Withdean

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which team do you remember as putting in the best performance in our years at Withdean.

I nominate an evening game against Wigan the year we stayed in the Championship by the skin of our teeth.

We were totally dismantled by Wigan in a 4 goal 20 minute salvo although we did come back to make it 4-2. I was a bit shell shocked at the time but was it two in the 1st 4 mins? :ohmy: :down:

Grovesy

Nov 2, 2006
sunny Brighton
Remember that wiagn game well, was 5 minutes late and missed 2 goals :lolol: they were a class above

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seem to Remember in Div 4 , geting turned over by a Northampton side who that year went up. 3 -1 I think it was, but they were different gravy that day

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Grovesy said:
Remember that wiagn game well, was 5 minutes late and missed 2 goals :lolol: they were a class above

You missed an absolute BELTER from Dinner Lady Bullard, from about 30 yards.

Stoke last year, and Crewe this year also destroyed us.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
One of the few times there was a bit of decent banter was the day the scum popped down last november. God knows I hate the bastards, but at least there was a little bit more atmos than usual.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
McShane79 said:
One of the few times there was a bit of decent banter was the day the scum popped down last november. God knows I hate the bastards, but at least there was a little bit more atmos than usual.

I would NEVER admit to being impressed by that lot, even if we lost 0-5 at Selhurst :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
thought the scum were awful fans at withdean , barely 500 and would of heard more noise out a pissed up coach of Mutes

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Sheff Utd early last season. They didn't look like world beaters or anything, but we absolutely battered them for over an hour, trying to get an equaliser, and they held out. Looked bloody well organised and strong, I thought even then that they'd go up.

Crewe have come and taught us a lesson on more than one occasion, particularly when Ashton was still there.

I also thought Northampton looked very disciplined and worked their nuts off a few weeks ago, and were value for their point, which they must be thinking is looking a better and better result as the weeks go by and our form is so hot.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Sheff Utd early last season. They didn't look like world beaters or anything, but we absolutely battered them for over an hour, trying to get an equaliser, and they held out. Looked bloody well organised and strong, I thought even then that they'd go up.

Crewe have come and taught us a lesson on more than one occasion, particularly when Ashton was still there.

I also thought Northampton looked very disciplined and worked their nuts off a few weeks ago, and were value for their point, which they must be thinking is looking a better and better result as the weeks go by and our form is so hot.

i dont agree with sheffield united, they got an early goal and some how managed to hold (mainly because are strikers couldn't score).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I remember the Northampton game maybe in our first season at withers, they ripped us appart at will, Darell Clare was the chief instigator.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
That our strikers couldn't score was partly down to their defenders and keeper, Zesh. Defending is a vastly underated art in this country - I thought they did it excellently.

Everybody who watches a game sees it slightly differently though, don't they?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's not been too many classy sides that have played us off the park it seems by the lack of contenders on her so far. Southampton in the cup game on 9/11 were pretty useful from what I remember and thinking about it they also ripped us apart last season.

We are talking 6 seasons there must be some more contenders surely, although I'm struggling to think of any.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here