Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most important games today....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Colchester v Peterborough
MK Dons v Walsall

My theory is that we need both MK Dons & Peterborough to be playing for something next week. Dons have Northampton on Tuesday, and Peterborough have Swindon on Saturday.

If things don't go to plan today, I think we'll need (a) Peterborough to drop points today and MK Dons win; (b) this means MK Dons are still in with a shout of automatic promotion on Tuesday, when a win over Northampton could be crucial for us; (c) which will mean Peterborough's final game against Swindon is a must-win game for Posh.

The basis for this theory is that I still think that both Northampton & Swindon are in real danger. If Swindon lose today (which is very possible - home to Bristol Rovers), they will find it tough at Peterborough on the final day - hence they could easily end up with 49 points. Even if Northampton beat Hereford today, they then have MK Dons at home and Leeds away, which could easily bring them ZERO points.

I'm getting seriously nervous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Colchester v Peterborough
MK Dons v Walsall

My theory is that we need both MK Dons & Peterborough to be playing for something next week. Dons have Northampton on Tuesday, and Peterborough have Swindon on Saturday.

If things don't go to plan today, I think we'll need (a) Peterborough to drop points today and MK Dons win; (b) this means MK Dons are still in with a shout of automatic promotion on Tuesday, when a win over Northampton could be crucial for us; (c) which will mean Peterborough's final game against Swindon is a must-win game for Posh.

The basis for this theory is that I still think that both Northampton & Swindon are in real danger. If Swindon lose today (which is very possible - home to Bristol Rovers), they will find it tough at Peterborough on the final day - hence they could easily end up with 49 points. Even if Northampton beat Hereford today, they then have MK Dons at home and Leeds away, which could easily bring them ZERO points.

I'm getting seriously nervous.

I think you may have overlooked the MOST important game :p

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think it may be wrapped up today. Come on lads, lets turn next Saturday into a massive survival party.

uckfield gull

Mar 5, 2009
hi everyone. 1st post so bear with me,been too nervous and down to post,etc. Just praying,like everyone else,that we win today and not worry so much about other games. However,Huddersfield in very good form,like ourselves and my main concern is that should we lose or even achieve a battling point & Carlisle win at Chelts(certainly possible),then we would be back in bottom 4(assuming Noton see off Hereford, whichsure they will). If that were to happen,God forbid,i'm worryingly sure Carlisle would beat Millwall on last day with home adv. A draw for us today ok,Cobblers win and a Carlisle win would then result in a goal difference situation between us and Carlisle(currently just 1 in their favour). Like i say,hopefully we will take care of ourselves,but would'nt mind Chelts doing the biz later! C'mon BHA!!!!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Two most important games are ours and Carlisle's

Carlisle lose, we win, we're safe. Simples.

meerkat.jpg

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
hi everyone. 1st post so bear with me,been too nervous and down to post,etc. Just praying,like everyone else,that we win today and not worry so much about other games. However,Huddersfield in very good form,like ourselves and my main concern is that should we lose or even achieve a battling point & Carlisle win at Chelts(certainly possible),then we would be back in bottom 4(assuming Noton see off Hereford, whichsure they will). If that were to happen,God forbid,i'm worryingly sure Carlisle would beat Millwall on last day with home adv. A draw for us today ok,Cobblers win and a Carlisle win would then result in a goal difference situation between us and Carlisle(currently just 1 in their favour). Like i say,hopefully we will take care of ourselves,but would'nt mind Chelts doing the biz later! C'mon BHA!!!!!!

Good summary.....Carlisle are a threat but its not beyond the realms of possibility for Northampton to lose their last two ( MKDons home Leeds away )
A point from those last two only gets them to 50 ( assuming they beat Hereford today )
I still feel that we will get to at least 51 pts and that we will beat Stockport comfortably on the last day.
We would all have taken that after the Swindon game...to win on the last day to stay up...39 points, its hard to believe...and now 48 !!!...Lets be honest we would all have taken 3 points combined from Bristol and Huddrsfld, so today is really a bonus game.
We may be in the bottom four tonight but I feel the tide has turned and the momentum is with us. For Carlisle to win two straight games after 10 games without a win is a huge ask but not impossible ( as we have shown )
52 points will keep us up...51 will give us a great chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here