Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most gutted after a football match

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Even though the World cup semi in 90 runs it very close it would have to be when teh Albion got Liverpool in the 4th round of the cup 91 in think 2-2 draw at Anfield got them back to goldstone and were leading 2-1 -5th round would have been on TV against Everton - and we blew it 3-2 in extra time...... I was gutted took me a few days to recover. My Dad had to get me leave at the end i just sat there hardly able to believe it.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The game we got relegated at last year, First relegation ive had as a "proper" Albion fan. As apposed to just going a few games a year.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
England - has to be France 98 when Batty did his thing

Albion - Quite a lot which haven't directly led to relagation / cup exit although have to plump for Grimsby away , I really felt we had a chance that day and remember leaving the ground wondering if we'd ever be back ever

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
I think it would have to be after the imfamous Buxted v Hadlow Down semi final of the John Deere Trophy.

I had already lost my funny inflatable clacker before the 3rd goal hit the back of the net and to make matters worse it had just started to rain and my face paint was running.
If there is any worse feeling at football, then I don't ever want to find out.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Losing to Notts County in the play off final was a choker, especially as the three preceding games had been total euphoria.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Leeds away this year, played excellent throughout until the last 2 minutes :nono:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hiney said:
Close run thing between the Euro 96 semi and the Italia 90 semi

agreed, I was nearly as dissapointed at the piss poor performance at the Millenium stadium when we got promoted by default from Brizzl Shitty.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
_wilka_ said:
Sorry to bring this up but Palace away a few years ago.... :nono: :nono: :nono:

agreed - i have never felt so bad

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah actually , change mine . Palace away , a total shambles of a day and was absolutely gutted for days + even now it f ks me off. . . . .the 1 - 0 has pretty much erased the hurt though

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
I think it would have to be after the imfamous Buxted v Hadlow Down semi final of the John Deere Trophy.

I had already lost my funny inflatable clacker before the 3rd goal hit the back of the net and to make matters worse it had just started to rain and my face paint was running.
If there is any worse feeling at football, then I don't ever want to find out.

Werent you in goal for the treacle miners for that game?! Hardly sensible to turn up with you face painted and an inflatable clacker was it?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
World Cup semi, Italy 1990. Genuinely thought we were going to win the thing that year.

The semi in Euro '96 was a massive disappointment, but I was actually in the stadium for that one, and it somehow never seems as bad if you're actually there for me.

For the Albion, I've never felt as bad as after that 5-0 at the scum.

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
offenbach loosing 3-0 in our local derby with frankfurt in 84.
shlt weather, shlt match, shambolic performance by offenbach and frankfurt fans were around us...
almost erased that from my memory...

Last edited:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Got to be the play off final v Notts County, my first season of watching football, and after the last game of the season v Ipshit, and well and truely turning over Millwall we were so close.

This coupled with the fact we didn't play at all on the day, and more so that if we had of won and gone up and stayed up the following season we could have been founder members of the premier league :censored: :censored:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Play Off Final in 1991.

We continued the slide down the table that resulted in the whole Hereford thing.

Then again...look at Notts County?

Sod it, I'll plump for England v Germany in 1990. I just felt numb afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here