Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most EXPENSIVE item you bought on Ebay

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Back lights for my car after an accident, £60 for pair of lexus style 3d lights, Peugeot charge £130 for standard ones - got myself a bargin :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
A BNIB 60Gb Ipod about 2 years ago..

had searched long and hard, weighed up the postage,history, and history of the people trading with the sellers too.
Settled on a guy in Rotherhithe (near me, poss to collect too) £325 inc Spec del. Paid by paypal as well.
Shiny new lovely Ipod arrived next day as promised. and registered the software before giving to G/f as pressie.
Arrived at work next day to be met by the boss saying 'Had a call from CID earlier..want to speak to you about an IPOD you've registered....!'

Crapping it, i called them - they had been looking for this stolen batch, and when registering the software it got flagged up..

In the end they let me keep it with warrenty as i'd paid decent money for it, so long as i 'gave up' the email address of the seller...or they would confiscate the laptop and poss impound the companies server too..
Not really any option left to me; the guy knew the risks when he advertised them in my book..

Out of 90 odd deals, that the only dodge one i've had.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A VW Passat Estate TDI 02 reg - £6700 and a VW Golf TDI 130 BHP 51 reg - £6900.

Both in the past month - and very happy with both of them.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Three tickets for the Bob Dylan concert in Brighton a coupla years ago.

£210.

Deal!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A little flashing aerial for my mobile. £2.99.

Dunno why I bothered really.

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
A little flashing aerial for my mobile. £2.99.

Dunno why I bothered really.

Oh dear, you have my sympathy for that. I know EXACTLY what they are as someone I knew bought one and personally couldn't see that point in them. Maybe you had a rush of blood?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I have never bought anything off ebay. You never know if it will work prop and have to go and collect the items and its normally crappy stuff being sold in my area. Its easier to just use the Fridayad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here