Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moses off t' Wigan

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Unlucky:laugh:
Seems wolves wanted our other top rated youngster nathaniel clyne but although we agreed a fee he would not even talk to them.Absolute hero status guaranteed.
How much cash did Bloom spend ???

I see why at first glance you have kept most of the squad and if palace get a buyer to clear the debts then it will be. But with no ground and £30 Million club debt then administration will go on until :-

1. The squad have been sold in early summer to pay a major chunk to pay the creditors - that after all is the point of administration. Or

2. You need a buyer with £30 Million for the creditors, plus another £? to buy a large bit of square foot in Selhurst (ie the ground).

If neither then next season you will still be in administration with another 10 point penalty. That is a long way off tho' but I'm not so sure that failing to sell now was a good thing

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
I see why at first glance you have kept most of the squad and if palace get a buyer to clear the debts then it will be. But with no ground and £30 Million club debt then administration will go on until :-

1. The squad have been sold in early summer to pay a major chunk to pay the creditors - that after all is the point of administration. Or

2. You need a buyer with £30 Million for the creditors, plus another £? to buy a large bit of square foot in Selhurst (ie the ground).

If neither then next season you will still be in administration with another 10 point penalty. That is a long way off tho' but I'm not so sure that failing to sell now was a good thing
Sorry but that is just wrong.20 million is owed to Jordan.Agilo will want the full amount of 6 million.The rest (including Jordan) will probably get around 25% i.e. 6 million.
The ground will be around 7-10 million which Noades is willing to buy and rent out at half what we pay now.He will not buy the club though.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Sorry but that is just wrong.20 million is owed to Jordan.Agilo will want the full amount of 6 million.The rest (including Jordan) will probably get around 25% i.e. 6 million.
The ground will be around 7-10 million which Noades is willing to buy and rent out at half what we pay now.He will not buy the club though.

So its £20 Million owed to Jordon. Say he is generous and writes that off. That leaves £10 Million owed to others. Wy would they accept 25p in the £ if there is say £10 Million of playing assets to sell? I wouldn't would you?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
So its £20 Million owed to Jordon. Say he is generous and writes that off. That leaves £10 Million owed to others. Wy would they accept 25p in the £ if there is say £10 Million of playing assets to sell? I wouldn't would you?
No i wouldn't.But we can no longer sell and if they hold out then we will go bust and they get sweet F.A.Not fair but life is not.A couple of weeks ago we were challenging for the play offs now we are fighting relegation.:tantrum:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
No i wouldn't.But we can no longer sell and if they hold out then we will go bust and they get sweet F.A.Not fair but life is not.A couple of weeks ago we were challenging for the play offs now we are fighting relegation.:tantrum:

that's sort of the point I was making. its feb now. window openns again in May - 4/5 months away. You will still be in administration because the administrator cannot sell the only assets the club has until then. The administrator has a duty to sell the assets at the best prie so to pay the creditors as much as possible. the players will have to be sold in early summer to stop you starting in administration in August with a 10 point penalty. unless you get a buyer to pay off the creditors, and the buyer will only arrive if they have also the cash to buy the ground.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I'm annoyed Sunderland weren't in for him. £5-6m. for Moses and Clyne would have been a superb bit of business. Congratulations to Martinez for picking up the bargain others were unable to see.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Bargain! I think it a great move for him because he more likely to get first team football which is quite possibly the best thing for an up and coming player, not rotting in the reserves. Yes, the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid etc have quality youth setups but as I say, no subsititute for first team football.

Look at Antonio Velencia, played for Wigan and was brought from whoever they got him from for a fraction of what they sold him to Man Utd to. Fantastic business.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£2.5m

How much will you get for Forster? :thumbsup:
He's 36, we've had him for 3 seasons and we didn't pay much to start with.

Still, at least whatever we do get for him won't be going straight into the pockets of caterers and web site hosts. :thumbsup:

I see that Butterfield scored a hattrick last week. Maybe we'll offer 58p for him - just enough for you to finally pay for the building of that Sainsbury's stand which wouldn't look out of place at Leyton Orient. :thumbsup:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
He's 36, we've had him for 3 seasons and we didn't pay much to start with.

Still, at least whatever we do get for him won't be going straight into the pockets of caterers and web site hosts. :thumbsup:

I see that Butterfield scored a hattrick last week. Maybe we'll offer 58p for him - just enough for you to finally pay for the building of that Sainsbury's stand which wouldn't look out of place at Leyton Orient. :thumbsup:

Just pointing out the Karma.

At least you are not bitter about it. :angel:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Perhaps they could pay some of their debts that they had at the time that Moses was actually contracted to them.
Seems only fair.

Nah , I think it will go on players . Only a few days left to spend some of tones cash on players or has he pulled the purse strings ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Nah , I think it will go on players . Only a few days left to spend some of tones cash on players or has he pulled the purse strings ?

We have a budget which bloom obviously does not want to exceed perhaps if your owners had 'pulled the purse strings' a bit sooner you may have not had to sell Moses originally for such a small fee whilst p*ssing over all your creditors

Hope it does go on transfers, just imagine dougie can use that to build on yesterday's blockbuster signings. Tell you what I will keep an eye on Barnsley's bench today and send dougie my recommendations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here