Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

morrissey concert

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Saw him last night in the Lowry Theatre, Salford, superb gig.
If you're lucky enough to have a ticket for the tour, you're in for a treat.

He also did Girlfriend in a coma and How soon is now from the Smiths.

Cracking night.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
smiths are number one but morrissey is a knob head (i have had this argument already today with a friend so not prepared to continue it). what's the lowry theatre like though? better than men arena? never been to either but heard men is far too impersoanl but what can you do when mozza can fill out either of them very easilly, especially in manchester!

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
eagleseatseagulls said:
Ok so you like the Smiths but hate Morrisey? Slightly contradicting yourself there me thinks! ???
what are you talking about? his earlier stuff is far better than solo and a lot different. obviously not to the untrained ear.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Benny Seagull said:
what are you talking about? his earlier stuff is far better than solo and a lot different. obviously not to the untrained ear.

You just called Morrissey a knobhead, yet you think the Smith's are 'number 1'. Now seeming as though Morrissey made up half of The Smiths, you are contradicting yourself. He wrote and sang the Smiths songs himself, so you are the one talking bollocks.

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
eagleseatseagulls said:
You just called Morrissey a knobhead, yet you think the Smith's are 'number 1'. Now seeming as though Morrissey made up half of The Smiths, you are contradicting yourself. He wrote and sang the Smiths songs himself, so you are the one talking bollocks.

if you can't tell the difference between the smiths's music and morrissey's your just not clever enough. there is nothing contractictory in the statements: smiths are quality; morrissey is average; morrissey is a prick.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Tesco in Disguise said:
if you can't tell the difference between the smiths's music and morrissey's your just not clever enough. there is nothing contractictory in the statements: smiths are quality; morrissey is average; morrissey is a prick.

That's not my point though. I'm not disputing the fact that there's quite a difference between The Smiths and Morrissey as a solo artist in terms of the music but quite how someone can think the Smiths are brilliant but then say they hate Morrissey is totally beyond me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I had two tickets to see Mozza at Bridgewater Hall but GUTTED to find myself working in Russia that day.

Mozza has suffered diminishing returns as a solo artist, the last two albums are reasonable, but not a patch on The Queen is Dead or Strangeways.

My daughter goes to the same school at the kids of Johnny Marr and Billy Duffy, so I STALK them at parents evening and sports day.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
eagleseatseagulls said:
That's not my point though. I'm not disputing the fact that there's quite a difference between The Smiths and Morrissey as a solo artist in terms of the music but quite how someone can think the Smiths are brilliant but then say they hate Morrissey is totally beyond me.
still not sure what you are confused about. i think morrissey as a person is a tosser. stop. in terms of music, i think morrissey's solo stuff is not great. stop. however, i do think that the smiths are very very good. stop. now what can be confusing and contradictory about that?
:glare: ???

Benny Seagull said:
still not sure what you are confused about. i think morrissey as a person is a tosser. stop. in terms of music, i think morrissey's solo stuff is not great. stop. however, i do think that the smiths are very very good. stop. now what can be confusing and contradictory about that?
:glare: ???

Totally agree - I can barely stand to watch him now, he is a dreadful caricature of himself - and I'm absolutely terrified that too much exposure to him might ruin some fantastic memories of the greatest band in the universe ever of all-time, I speak as a veteran of the Dome gig of 1985!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here