Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morose teams get relegated. Must be good for us surely?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
More arrogance and delusion, stay at the highest level of English football for a few seasons and then maybe you can make comments like that, thankfully I know that you don't represent the majority of Brighton fans.
Sorry, but where is the arrogance and delusion? The three teams relegated this season are as weak as any relegated trio I've ever seen. Wolves are crap but may rebuild, Blackburn are a shambles and Bolton gives us a better chance than QPR who will have plenty of money to pump into their team.

And we beat two Premiership teams last season, one of whom was challenging for a Champions League spot. Both far better than the three relegated teams. In addition to this, we were in contention for a top 6 spot all season until the last 3 games, and next season we'll have even bigger support, meaning more money to spend on the team. Certainly a bigger support than Blackburn or Bolton. So at worst, it is misplaced optimism, it is definitely not arrogance.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
wolves seem happy to just chill out for a couple of seasons while they improve the infrastructure of the club

bolton are MASSIVELY in debt, and i believe have the majority of their first team out of contract at the end of the season, however, coyle is a decent manager

blackburn are just a shambles...

so yeah, those 3 coming down is pretty good for championship clubs as i can't see any of them doing a newcastle and dominating the league

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bolton are one of those clubs that I barely even notice and have no strong feeling about either way.

Agree, but then, apart from their own fans, who is really interested in watching match highlights involving any of the following Premier League clubs - Stoke, Fulham, WBA, Bolton, Blackburn, Everton, Wigan, Wolves, Sunderland or Norwich?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blackpool I believe have managed themselves so well that not being promoted is not a financial disater. Were they not one of a few clubs that actually made a profit due to being very very prudent?

Also I believe the same for Wolves, they wont be a potential basket case like Blackburn and Bolton having virtually no debt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here