Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More singing section news

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
As reported in The Times today.
Singing sections are finally being taken seriously by the Big Wigs of the Premiership.Newcastle are offering reduced price season tickets if you fancy making an active effort towards bettering the atmophere at St James Park and sitting with like minded Juveniles and drunks,in a designated area.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bad news for football if it means reduced areas of ground singing...and if they're anything like H block, filling up with weirdos...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I suspect this is because they realise the singers are now mixed in with the prawn sandwich brigade, who just tell them to shut up/sit down or look on bemused when people start to exercise their lungs...the atmosphere at most Premiership grounds is more like a morgue than a library these days, not helped by all seater stadia which inhibit singers congregating in one area...so they now need to make it happen, not a bad idea in my opinon.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
good news at last, lets re claim the grounds and get shot of the rug and flask/prawn sandwich brigade

I do not think we need to get rid of the prawn sandwich brigade, we just need to make sure that they do not stop those people that want to get behind the team doing so. If that means having designated singing sections then so be it. Though personally I would prefer to have designated non-singing sections. That way those people who want to sit still and moan can do so, while the rest of us that want to shout and sing can do it without some bloke asking if we mind keeping quite because he has forgot is paracetamol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here