Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Johnstone's paint buffoonery

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bradford set to shop Scunthorpe

Bradford will report Scunthorpe to the Football League for fielding a weakened team in the Iron's 2-1 win in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
Bantams boss Colin Todd was not happy with the nine changes Scunthorpe made to their team from the weekend.

Todd told BBC Radio Leeds: "When I got their team sheet I asked our secretary Jon Pollard to check if it contained six first-team players.

"It didn't and I find that disgusting, a lack of respect."

An angry Todd added: "What is the point of having rules if you're not going to abide by them?"

Under new rules introduced into the competition this season, clubs are required to include a majority of the 11 players that have appeared most often in first-team games during the season.

It was introduced by the Football League as an attempt to curb the practice of clubs fielding weakened teams in the early rounds.

Bradford moaning Scunthorpe fielded weakened team but still beat them?
:jester:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Most lower division managers are doing a Mourinho over this today.

Rovrum boss Alan Knill: "I am not happy at the appearances regulations imposed for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy...when we spoke to the League we were told that any players left out would have to have independent fitness reports to confirm they were not fit. I would like to have rested a couple and I can't see what's wrong if players starting are experienced players from the first-team squad."

I think we should get a biscuit for taking it so seriously.

Yoda

English & European
Mr Banana said:

Rovrum boss Alan Knill: "I am not happy at the appearances regulations imposed for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy...when we spoke to the League we were told that any players left out would have to have independent fitness reports to confirm they were not fit. I would like to have rested a couple and I can't see what's wrong if players starting are experienced players from the first-team squad."

I think it was more of a joke that the teams given bye's were drawn out of a hat. Should have seeded teams.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
WHY did they have to field strong teams? It's not as if people went "ooh look, Boston (or whoever) have got a full-strength side out. Must go tonight, it looks like it'll be a cracker!"

Scrap it!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Why do you all think Hart got a sudden groin strain?

It makes sense as only 1 booking away from a ban. ???

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
We have chopped and chaged quite a bit so far this season. So who are our 6 main players? I'd go for...

Henderson
Lynch
El Abd
Carpenter
Cox
Revell

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Virgo's Haircut said:
We have chopped and chaged quite a bit so far this season. So who are our 6 main players? I'd go for...

Henderson
Lynch
El Abd
Carpenter
Cox
Revell

But then that is only because of injuries. At this point Butters and Hinsh are above Lynch and El Abd

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
What is the point of the competition?

How much money can be made from it?

Prize money is £50 and a job lot of magnolia gloss with a hint of peach left over from last year's unsuccessful January sale.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I may be wrong but as far as I know none of the players use Johnstone`s paint prefering to pick from the Dulux trade range from the Dulux decorating centre. 2 players have told me that they prefered Johnstones many years ago when they were part of the Manders paint group and had a shop in North Street.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Mr Banana said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bissssssssss-cuitssssssssssssssssss:drool:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Virgo's Haircut said:

Henderson
Lynch
El Abd
Carpenter
Cox
Revell

Hammond 14 Played
Revell 14 Played
Lynch 13 Sub
Hart 12 Injured
El-Abd 11 Played
Cox 11 Played
Mayo 11 Played
Carpenter 10 Injured
Reid 10 Injured
Henderson 8 Played

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Completely unrelated but just read on the website that a club record was set for having 8 home grown players on the pitch...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Completely unrelated but just read on the website that a club record was set for having 8 home grown players on the pitch...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: Either a credit to our youth set up or a stark reminder of our precarious financial position. :down:

I noted we have 17 homegrowns on the back of the programme - out of 32 players! :eek:

24 out of the 32 are under 23 (I think).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barrel of Fun said:
:clap: Either a credit to our youth set up or a stark reminder of our precarious financial position. :down:

I noted we have 17 homegrowns on the back of the programme - out of 32 players! :eek:

24 out of the 32 are under 23 (I think).

Ah, well you know what they say BoF. From tiny acorns, err something happens. I think.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
bhafc4eva said:
Why do you all think Hart got a sudden groin strain?

It makes sense as only 1 booking away from a ban. ???

Would have made more sense to be booked in the 92nd minute of the Scunthorpe game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here