Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More evening games please

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is it time to seriously consider pushing for more home matches to be played in the evening, and possibly move more to Friday night.

We have only lost one of the last 19 evening matches, the players feel happier as the stadium seems more enclosed, and the atmosphere is better. Surely it would make sense if we can push with the council restrictions.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Only if! I can't remember the last poor evening game at the Withdean. Certaintly is more of a buzz compared to saturday afternoons.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
Interesting point. Withers is at it's best at night... still not the san siro... but at it's best...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its funny isnt it, all these people moaning about TV making too many changes to the football clalander by having games on a Sunday and Monday night and then people want to have more Brighton games on an evening!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's ok, now the clocks have gone back the lights will be on for at least the second half.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its funny isnt it, all these people moaning about TV making too many changes to the football clalander by having games on a Sunday and Monday night and then people want to have more Brighton games on an evening!!!

I love my Saturday afternoon football, and would hate it if the Albion played on silly nights, but these are exceptional times.

We all know Withdean is hopeless and yet an evening game somehow conjures up much more of an atmosphere and the place feels like a stadium again. As soon as we get to Falmer I would switch back to Saturdays for sure, but if I was the club I would ceertainly consider switching maybe half of the games to Friday nights if the council agreed.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I love my Saturday afternoon football, and would hate it if the Albion played on silly nights, but these are exceptional times.

We all know Withdean is hopeless and yet an evening game somehow conjures up much more of an atmosphere and the place feels like a stadium again. As soon as we get to Falmer I would switch back to Saturdays for sure, but if I was the club I would ceertainly consider switching maybe half of the games to Friday nights if the council agreed.

I wasnt sayng its a bad idea, and I even enjoy evening games more than someof the others, but it will never happen apar from, like Mendoza says, December home games and the odd evening game later on in the season.

How many people, even season ticket holders, couldnt go tonight as they had to work and couldt finishon time?

All in all, a good idea but it'll never happen

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good point, infact both of our games in December are on Friday evenings. Top stuff:yahoo:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wasnt sayng its a bad idea, and I even enjoy evening games more than someof the others, but it will never happen apar from, like Mendoza says, December home games and the odd evening game later on in the season.

How many people, even season ticket holders, couldnt go tonight as they had to work and couldt finishon time?

All in all, a good idea but it'll never happen

You may well be right, but I'm a season ticket holder and it wouldn't worry me. As it happens three out of the four of us would find it easier to get to games on a Friday night than a Saturday. Perhaps half the games is wrong, but a certain proportion would definitely help the team.

Lets hope we get some postponements in January (due to an amzing FA Cup run!!)

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
:yahoo:
Is it time to seriously consider pushing for more home matches to be played in the evening, and possibly move more to Friday night.

We have only lost one of the last 19 evening matches, the players feel happier as the stadium seems more enclosed, and the atmosphere is better. Surely it would make sense if we can push with the council restrictions.

Totally agree, atmosphere completelty different, fans get behind the team, everthing about it is more fun, maybe another poll to see what the fans want, I think a big majority for the evening games :drink: :whisky:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I reckon it's down to something in the trees :eek: at night!

Evening games are great but they mean a lot of us struggle to get to them-those of us who don't live and/or work locally. I miss one or two a season simply because I can't get there in time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Fair point.

Crewe is the only afternoon game this season (with the possible exception of Peterborough) where we got a decent result.

Evening games are the bestest because there is a fantastic atmosphere - it is the same in any stadium in the world.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
:yahoo:

Totally agree, atmosphere completelty different, fans get behind the team, everthing about it is more fun, maybe another poll to see what the fans want, I think a big majority for the evening games :drink: :whisky:

Poll now posted (in another thread as was too late to post poll on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here