Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Frightening.

:(

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
last weekend was HELL.

gf's cousin and boyfriend came down. he is american.

my GOD that was the biggest EVER STRUGGLE not to slag him off.

ESPECIALLY when some smart arse put on rodeo on tv(hes from texas) and i couldnt say a PEEP.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was in Amsterdam last year, visiting the Anne Frank museum.

For those who havent been there its a quite non descript house, very narrow entrance but "tardis like" inside in that it seems to go back and upward for ages.

In fact it's (and was) an unremarkable commercial building from the outside with living quarters hidden well inside.

(A good place to hide it would seem)

In fact you would walk right past it if is wasn't for the big museum next door from (which you enter the labyrinth of the house) CLEARLY labelled the ANNE FRANK MUSUEM

Anyway - whilst I was queuing there was a group of American tourist outside moaning that the people of Amsterdam had taken it on themselves to DEMOLISH the original house and build a NEW museum in it's place.

I quote "Europeans destroying their heritage"

They were obviously expecting Buck-ING-ham palace and decided not to waste their money...

.. and walked off.

I left the queue and walked after them, but they still moaning (and I was laughing too much) so I left them to it and joined the back of the queue again.

Last edited:

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
i go to uni over here and there about 15 english boys from all over the place............we convinced a group of american cheerleaders that we didnt have an "o" in the alphabet.
We, remarkably, managed to continue repeating the alphabet without saying "o" whilst getting smashed with them!:lolol:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Tiptop24 said:
i go to uni over here and there about 15 english boys from all over the place............we convinced a group of american cheerleaders that we didnt have an "o" in the alphabet.
We, remarkably, managed to continue repeating the alphabet without saying "o" whilst getting smashed with them!:lolol:

Presumably you are also trying to convince them that the only capital we have is the 'W'?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
To be honest, the video footage is fairly limited to the amount of people they have, im sure, if you asked 100 Americans the same questions, at least 95 of them will get most, if not all of the questions right.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I have on my name badge, "Nick Smith, Safety Manager, United Kingdom".
When sailing out of Houston last year, a large American lady approached me, checked my nationality & said to me very slowly, "Do you speak English?"

"Yes Madam, I am English" I replied.

"Really, did you move to the United Kingdom then?"

:lolol:

I know you shouldn't tar all people with the same brush, but f*** me I've met some dumb ass septic's!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
smudge said:
I have on my name badge, "Nick Smith, Safety Manager, United Kingdom".
When sailing out of Houston last year, a large American lady approached me, checked my nationality & said to me very slowly, "Do you speak English?"

"Yes Madam, I am English" I replied.

"Really, did you move to the United Kingdom then?"

:lolol:

I know you shouldn't tar all people with the same brush, but f*** me I've met some dumb ass septic's!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here