Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"morale down" orlandi

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
team morale is down apparently............who would be responsible for morale then...? gus ..? charlie..? greer ..? i would say the buck stops with gus re team morale.........great time of year for the players to loose focus and frankly the ground starting to empty 20 mins before the whistle is not going to help them is it...?? any talk of writing this season off should be nipped in the bud asap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The players have to take a big part of the blame IMO. Gus has made mistakes in team selection at home recently but he is not responsible for the team not taking the chances created.

I really believe we miss a quality driving inspirational player to help out on the pitch by example. Who that player could be I'm not sure though. Does Gus want a controversial big "character" in his team though? Seems it has be his way or the highway so I am not sure..

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
There is a difference between morale and confidence. If things are going badly for the team then low confidence is to be expected and can be cured with a few good results. Morale though is a much more serious and worrying thing. It means something is seriously wrong throughout the club itself and is a reflection on how things are run. Oh well. Don't want to get too alarmist on this beautiful New Years morning. Let's hope he means confidence.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There is a difference between morale and confidence. If things are going badly for the team then low confidence is to be expected and can be cured with a few good results. Morale though is a much more serious and worrying thing. It means something is seriously wrong throughout the club itself and is a reflection on how things are run. Oh well. Don't want to get too alarmist on this beautiful New Years morning. Let's hope he means confidence.

Well he was answering a question about the recent run of form, so I would hope so too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Totally agree. Hope it was something lost in translation as low morale is likely to be terminal. It's what came out at Forest post McLaren

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The players have to take a big part of the blame IMO. Gus has made mistakes in team selection at home recently but he is not responsible for the team not taking the chances created.

I really believe we miss a quality driving inspirational player to help out on the pitch by example. Who that player could be I'm not sure though. Does Gus want a controversial big "character" in his team though? Seems it has be his way or the highway so I am not sure..

Indeed, the characters have been squeezed out eg Forster & Kuipers leaving a quiet side & the 60 odd games since a comeback win is symptomatic of having no backbone. Gus is as likely to play me as buy a bigger personality than himself that could drive the team (like Wenger?) back into losing games so....?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Was pretty alarming to hear him say that after the game, they better snap out of it fast otherwise this season will find themselves thinking more about staying above the relegation zone than trying to get into the top 6. I think Bloom has to make a statement of intent in this transfer window.

It was also noticeable about how down CMS was looking in his pre Watford press conference.

Oh well, New Year, new start hopefully.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Indeed, the characters have been squeezed out eg Forster & Kuipers leaving a quiet side & the 60 odd games since a comeback win is symptomatic of having no backbone. Gus is as likely to play me as buy a bigger personality than himself that could drive the team (like Wenger?) back into losing games so....?

Gosh yes, we've done so badly since the characters like Kuipers and Forster left... The squad looked so miserable as they lifted the League One trophy!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He was asked this after the Norwich game - had he said "yes, everybody is really happy blah, blah", then I would have found that more worrying.

Some time ago then when he wasn't with Brighton?!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a language thing. He went out for drinks with Jamie Moralee, and Jamie was feeling a little sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here