Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money - Smallest and biggest

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you saw it in the street, whats the smallest coin you would stop to pick up?

Equally if you found a larger amount of money, at what sum would you start to get a conscience about keeping it?

For me its 1p and £100

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I would pick up 50P.

If i found £100 i would try and find where it came from but if it wasn't in a wallet/purse it would be hard to hand in, i would probably spend the money on heroin.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd pick up 20p, or a particularly shiny 10p.
If I found a wallet lying around, I'd hand it back regardless of its contents, if I saw cash on the ground somewhere it could be very difficult to trace back to its owner.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If I found a wallet lying around, I'd hand it back regardless of its contents, if I saw cash on the ground somewhere it could be very difficult to trace back to its owner.

Exactly this............ except not picking up a 10p however shiny unless 10p short of a lapdance etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I found £100,000 in a holdall I'd be scared to pick it up as it would clearly belong to a Colombian drug cartel who would hunt me down for eternity. *toomanyfilms*

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Would pick up a penny and would keep any amount of actual cash not in a wallet etc. If I had seen someone drop the money I would always hand it over to them and if in a purse/wallet always hand it in.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you saw it in the street, whats the smallest coin you would stop to pick up?

Equally if you found a larger amount of money, at what sum would you start to get a conscience about keeping it?

For me its 1p and £100

So, £90 cash in an envelope with John Smith war veteran 90th birthday present & address written on it...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Considering to pick up more than £50 means that you have to have found either a wallet, purse or bag of money, I'd say £50 not is the limit. I'd pick up 10p if I fancied some penny sweets :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've found a £20 note in the street on three separate occasions recently, including once in London Road. Wouldn't hand that in. But did once find £100 in a plastic packet in Preston Drove. Handed it in to the police, filled out a form, and - hey presto! - they gave me it back a couple of months later because nobody had claimed it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

I wish you were the guy that found my wallet when I lost it with £200 inside...

I'd pick up 50p. If I found notes I'd also pick them up and treat whoever I was with to lunch or something. I've found a back with a mobile and wallet in before and handed it in. Wouldn't be able to keep something like that. Also saw someone drop £10 on the train and alerted them as others eyed it up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
A few weeks ago I went to a cashpoint in Worthing to draw some money out on a night out, and someone had left their money in the cashpoint - £20. I took it, and didn't really feel bad about it at the time - There was absolutely no one around other than me and my mate, but afterwards I kind of thought about how pissed off I would be if it had happened to me.

In answer to the original question though, I'd pick up a penny - it's lucky. Hasn't anyone heard the saying "See a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck" ?? :D

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
What is the minimum amount of money you would pick up from the bottom of a urinal?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
1p = on floor
wouldn't touch = urinal
any = laying in the street with no proof of ownership (money clip, wallet , purse , bag , envelope etc..)
I'd hand it in to the nearest point I find it if it's in any of the above.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Id pick up a quarter...cant be arsed with the smaller ones. As for "large" money if it was loose on the ground id just keep. If its in a wallet or has some sort of ID with it id return it.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
This thread makes me think of a home game last season (can't remember which one) - We had just got off the train at Falmer and were walking along the platform, I pulled my season ticket out my pocket and didn't notice that £50 of folded up crisp notes came with it and landed on the floor. About 4 or 5 Albion fans quickly shouted and pointed out my cash blowing down the platform, helped me catch it and gave it back to me, they could have quite easily pocketed it and I wouldn't have known until I went to buy my programme! It all happened so quick I never got chance to buy them a beer, but if any of you are reading this, it was much appreciated.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll pick up 50p. If money is in a wallet, I'll trace the owner and hand it back.

I don't have an upper limit. If I found £100k in a hold-all or something with nobody nearby, I'm keeping it and running home as quick as I can. Any amount of money over 50p that isn't in a wallet or purse is now mine.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
A few weeks ago I went to a cashpoint in Worthing to draw some money out on a night out, and someone had left their money in the cashpoint - £20. I took it, and didn't really feel bad about it at the time - There was absolutely no one around other than me and my mate, but afterwards I kind of thought about how pissed off I would be if it had happened to me.

In answer to the original question though, I'd pick up a penny - it's lucky. Hasn't anyone heard the saying "See a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck" ?? :D

to be fair, anybody who is stupid enough to leave the money at the cashpoint (the whole point in GOING to the cashpoint) is unlikely to spend the money on anything worthwhile.

also i thought that the cashpoint sucked the monies back in after a certain amount of time?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I'll pick up 50p. If money is in a wallet, I'll trace the owner and hand it back.

I don't have an upper limit. If I found £100k in a hold-all or something with nobody nearby, I'm keeping it and running home as quick as I can. Any amount of money over 50p that isn't in a wallet or purse is now mine.

I'd be forever looking over my shoulder. Nice people don't keep 100k in a hold-all. They would not be overly impressed with it disappearing. I am leaving it where it is and jogging on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here