Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mods - A suggestion

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I have an idea dont know if its possible but are you able to put up a page with a message on it saying about this threads as people enter the forum, then have a button say continue to forum? not sure if thats possible to do though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have an idea dont know if its possible but are you able to put up a page with a message on it saying about this threads as people enter the forum, then have a button say continue to forum? not sure if thats possible to do though

Excellent idea. I cant believe some nob heads are still posting threads thinking this is first time WE would have seen it!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
In the past when this place has shut down a message has appeared in its place. Is it possible to have a message appear that people have to read before moving on to the main site, since people still seem to be ignoring the sticky?

I agree, but how the hell can people miss the message at the top of the big board?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
In the past when this place has shut down a message has appeared in its place. Is it possible to have a message appear that people have to read before moving on to the main site, since people still seem to be ignoring the sticky?

Excellent idea :thumbsup:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i think the mods are doing a great job of monitoring the site so far, but if it does close for a perios of time then I support that, means I will get to spend time with the wife and kids,

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
WARNING: Don't Read BBS it's VERY DEPRESING :nono:

Its been pulled.

I know im from the dark side but some of the stuff was shocking. As for the thread i started, i didn't see the message at the top.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Blimey, and I thought that the new SOPA legislation in America was bad....

It's not that, given a choice between not posting on a particular issue for a while until the coast is clear, or being investigated by Plod and having to deal with the consequences (remember how long NSC has had to be closed for in the past), it is the lesser of two evils.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, and I thought that the new SOPA legislation in America was bad....

Go on then - have a free hit - speculate & name and shame away. I'll begin packaging up your personal details and get them off to the police now. Just in case, like.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Go on then - have a free hit - speculate & name and shame away. I'll begin packaging up your personal details and get them off to the police now. Just in case, like.

coach-ergo-patent-handbag-pink.jpg

Of course naming isn't appropriate (it doesn't take a quick google to see names mentioned) and we already know the name of the ex-Brighton current Bournemouth player whose name was mentioned on BBC News earlier anyway. What I am merely suggesting is that can't there even be discussion around the allegations? Are we not even allowed to say that having 6 of our players arrested at the same time will be hugely damaging for the club, even if they are not charged / not guilty, or if the charges are dropped by the one lady? Certainly in the past where other footballers / celebrities have been accused of charges, people have talked about it (Van Persie's allegations spring to mind).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Of course naming isn't appropriate (it doesn't take a quick google to see names mentioned) and we already know the name of the ex-Brighton current Bournemouth player whose name was mentioned on BBC News earlier anyway. What I am merely suggesting is that can't there even be discussion around the allegations? Are we not even allowed to say that having 6 of our players arrested at the same time will be hugely damaging for the club, even if they are not charged / not guilty, or if the charges are dropped by the one lady? Certainly in the past where other footballers / celebrities have been accused of charges, people have talked about it (Van Persie's allegations spring to mind).

Not right now, no.

Moderators are not fulltime, they have lives which includes jobs. To permit any discussion would be an opening of the floodgates - moderation would not be able to keep up as people WILL go too far. This not only puts NSC at risk, nomatter how limited you believe that to be, but also puts user who speculate at risk too.

My current thought is to allow the initial drama play out and then see where we stand if and when anyone is charged, remembering that usually takes place within 24 hours of an arrest.

As ever, anyone is welcome to start their own site that better reflects their needs and the perceived needs of others. I wish all those well who do this and would happily pass on experiences learned from years of running this bastard of a site.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

If the owner of a site asks you not to do something, then don't do it. Look what happened with the SG stuff on here.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

It does not stop there though does it.....best being dealt with as it is for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here