Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mods - A suggestion

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not sure how others feel but in light of the latest news, would it not be wise to postpone any new registered user requests for the time being.

Knowing some of the idiots from other clubs that post on here, the last thing we want is to have some of our less than friendly rivals coming on here and putting the board's future in jeopardy?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
New users are put in a queue for manual vetting.

If we see as you suggest then we'll just stop new registrations for a day or so (in light of the usual '24 hours to charge or release' type thing).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be honest, I'd shut this site down for a day or so, you're going to have to moderate everything. I think we'd all understand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, I'd shut this site down for a day or so, you're going to have to moderate everything. I think we'd all understand.

dont be so rediculous. This is where we get our news.

just so long as no-one is named and nothing slanderous or libellous is said we will be fine.

You cant expect people not to comment on current Albion news.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The problem with shutting it down is that discussion can be moderated here, it will just mean that more speculation is rife on Twitter...although that will happen anyway.

I feel sick, really sick- going to give all things Brighton a miss until travel to Peterborough I think.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
dont be so rediculous. This is where we get our news.

just so long as no-one is named and nothing slanderous or libellous is said we will be fine.

You cant expect people not to comment on current Albion news.
That may be asking a lot given the nature of these things.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

I agree with this, It will be too much of a temptation for some.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really hope we don't just close down because if it happens it may need to be for a long time - these things drag on and on.
I've already had a pm from a friend who works with some palace idiots who think it might be fun to force this site to close but to give in to that mentality goes against the grain. Hopefully wiser heads will prevail and there will come a point where sensible discussion of the short and long term repercussions rather than the case itself can be discussed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is plenty of speculation and names being bandied about elsewhere - take your pick from those if you want to take part in that.

I completely understand that it is human nature to want to know and to find out, but it is quite a delicate legal area and if anyone did want to make an issue of this, NSC is the most obvious target. I don't want to end up in court and I don't want any of our users to either.

(And, remember, you really are not anonymous when you post on here and you are responsible for all you write.)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Suspend all new users - unless they're from Wrexham, Plymouth or Doncaster, in which case let the love-in continue.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
That may be asking a lot given the nature of these things.

I do think Granny is right. Strict application of bans for offenders and a freeze on new registrations being able to post will put pressure on the mods but it will be worth it

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Bozza, when you have finally lost patience with some of these tools starting these marginal threads would you please just ban the threadstarters rather than close down NSC. Thanks

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think closing this place down temporarily will do much. People will just be waiting for the site to open and spending their spare time coming up with ideas for threads that push the boundaries.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Suspend all new users - unless they're from Wrexham, Plymouth or Doncaster, in which case let the love-in continue.
Oi ! I love to hate you as well :lol: I think you should do something before cpfc1234 finds out :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No registrations are being approved. I have just banned someone for a long, long time in relation to a 'witty' thread in relation to the issue. Anyone who also thinks it is funny will be permanently banned from NSC.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the past when this place has shut down a message has appeared in its place. Is it possible to have a message appear that people have to read before moving on to the main site, since people still seem to be ignoring the sticky?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
No registrations are being approved. I have just banned someone for a long, long time in relation to a 'witty' thread in relation to the issue. Anyone who also thinks it is funny will be permanently banned from NSC.

an appropriate and considered response IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here