Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moan, moan , bloody moan.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't believe what I'm reading on here. When we're in the middle of a difficult run, I'm all for discussing what's gone wrong and how we can sort it out. Today, we won and I'm absolutely bloody delighted.

Yes, Barnsley had a couple of good chances. And, yes, we'll probably get turned over at St Mary's (like everybody else). But I'm pretty sure now that we'll be able to win against Coventry and today we beat what was in front of us, which is all that matters.

To me it just proves that some people aren't happy unless they're moaning about the team or individual players. You know what, anything that any fan has noticed and decides to whinge about on here is going to have been spotted by Gus in any case and he'll actually know what the real solution is. Whether he'll be able to correct it will depend on any number of variabless (money, injuries etc) which the self-appointed experts on here
don't have to deal with.

So, sod NSC, I'm just going to enjoy the win and look forward to the rest of the season.

*This post sponsored by three pints of lager and a bottle of wine, but the point still applies!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are surprisingly cognizant considering your alcohol level lol! I agree, people need to remember where we've come from and not saddle the team with unrealistic expectations.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Hear flippin hear. Only started reading this site this weekend and cant believe how much negativity and moaning there has been today after a great performance. I hope none of the players read this forum as it would destroy anyone's confidence.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well said.

And it's not just about the players or team: there are threads on here where people are moaning about transport home, people leaving early, songs being sung too fast etc. We're in the top half of the Championship in an absolutely fantastic stadium with tremendous acoustics.

I sat there this afternoon with my 6-year-old who clapped, sung and cheered throughout the game. He can't wait to go again and is disappointed that it's his sister's turn next. Some of you should try to remember when you were that enthusiastic as there seem to be some miserable old gits among you.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I just want to moan about the positive theme of this thread it's a disgrace, only joking I agree with all except I have a sneaky feeling we will actually beat Southampton here's hoping.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We're in the top half of the Championship in an absolutely fantastic stadium with tremendous acoustics.

Amen to that, sir.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
I am absolutely loving this season. Yes we have had a difficult run but I have loved it all (apart from the last 10 minutes against palace!). I sit with my 8 year old son and my dad and we are having the time of our life. We have made some really good friends with the people sitting around us. The stadium still impresses me - yes the travel is bit tricky but so what.

come you super seagulls!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I agree with most of these posts. Everyone is raving about Swansea at the moment and rightly so. They had 3-4 seasons at this level and are now coming to fruition. This is a marathon not a sprint. Ffs we are 10th in league, a couple of points away from the play offs, get real.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well said.

And it's not just about the players or team: there are threads on here where people are moaning about transport home, people leaving early, songs being sung too fast etc. We're in the top half of the Championship in an absolutely fantastic stadium with tremendous acoustics.

I sat there this afternoon with my 6-year-old who clapped, sung and cheered throughout the game. He can't wait to go again and is disappointed that it's his sister's turn next. Some of you should try to remember when you were that enthusiastic as there seem to be some miserable old gits among you.

I think most of the moaning isn't coming from 'old gits'.

Regardless, it's pretty depressing seeing so much moaning after a good win.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
With so many "new" fans and season ticket holders I guess its inevitable that there'll be a fair %age of moaners, critics and wingers in the ground and on here. Trouble is they're not battle hardened (i.e. Gillingham, Withdene) and therefore have no perspective so they can't appreciate the reality of just how far we've come.

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
It's exciting times at the moment... I'm sure things will settle a bit. For me its been a long time coming and I think people get frustrated that things are not how they could be. I'm sure things like transport, refreshments etc will sort out. There will always be people unhappy with performances... I remember after a 4.1 win at withdean people were not happy... I 4 one am still loving this season. Top half by November is an amazing position. Lots of potential and looking forward 2 the season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
With so many "new" fans and season ticket holders I guess its inevitable that there'll be a fair %age of moaners, critics and wingers in the ground and on here. Trouble is they're not battle hardened (i.e. Gillingham, Withdene) and therefore have no perspective so they can't appreciate the reality of just how far we've come.

Actually, judging by NSC, it's an unholy alliance between unseasoned, ungrateful fans who've never experienced the really bad times and those old farts who moan cos it's not like the good ol' days.

Then, on the opposite end of the spectrum there's the new fans for whom everything around being a supporter (not just the stadium) is still shiny, new and exciting. They are in a coalition with the 'We've come a long way, baby' brigade who are adamant that we've never had it so good.

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
you should be grateful for what you got - I enjoyed yesterday watching (Tano been the best player on the pitch) - the park and ride was so much better last night we left at the END of the match and waited for the park and ride to mill road for about 20 mins we where home at 6pm which is the best yet

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not the best performance, but it was an important win, and is something to build on. Gives us a little bit of confidence ends a poor run. I remember our win against doncaster not being particularly impressive, of dominant, but it was a good start to an unbeaten run.

I don't think the moaning is split between groups depending on how long they've been fans and what times they've been through. I think it's just people's nature. Some like to moan, some are pessimists, some are perfectionists, some just enjoy winding other fans up, some would probably consider themselves 'balanced realists' and feel it important not to get carried away with a win from a bad performance.

Seems though, some fans aren't happy unless they have a player to moan about: Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Harley, Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker, Barnes, Paynter, some are also turning on vicente, hoskins, buckley and reyes for being injured. We've almost got a whole team of people our fans seem to enjoy thinking the worst of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems though, some fans aren't happy unless they have a player to moan about: Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Harley, Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker, Barnes, Paynter, some are also turning on vicente, hoskins, buckley and reyes for being injured. We've almost got a whole team of people our fans seem to enjoy thinking the worst of.

Every fan needs a Bete Noire, I'm gonna get in 1st and start slagging of Tanno I think, the others Harley in particular, have been done to death :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here