Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MM quoted on teletext as uncertain about his future

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
MM quoted on teletext as uncertain about his future, and that the clubs financial situation may force him to leave the club when his contract runs out at the end of the season, saying that "i would like to stay but there is uncertainty due to the financial situation. i accept the club are not yet in a position to talk to me about it"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is common knowledge that if we don't get a Yes to Falmer then we cannot keep Mark McGhee. The club have said so quite openly.

We desperately need money and we need a stadium

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What the hell is all that about, those are pretty bizarre comments to quote post match.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's life.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I doubt we'll operate at all!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It's the first of January and I am starting to get p****d off already, what sort of a year are we getting into...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
sullyupthewing said:
Shit happens, Adams gone, Taylor gone, Coppell gone, McGhee? we survive.
exactly no wonder no one wants tro stop here

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
total madness that our manager is forced to advertise his availablity at the end of the season already.....

perhaps the cullip / spurs / currie money could be used (a little of it) to pay to keep the bloke a little longer...?

or is it all down to this mythical falmer decision that may or may not be given before the next election?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
MM is gone at the end of the season. Start realising it now. It was only a matter of time until he said something like this. We've seen it all before and it's nothing this superb club cannot handle.

The key part of MM's message is "I accept the club are not yet in a position to talk to me about it".

He's not whinging. And he's not announcing his resignation (unlike some previous managers).

MM seems to understand fully the Albion's situation - and (like the rest of us) is sticking with the Club through thin and very thin.

When we get the YES decision, I hope the guy gets the recognition he deserves. He's up there with the very best.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
The key part of MM's message is "I accept the club are not yet in a position to talk to me about it".

He's not whinging. And he's not announcing his resignation (unlike some previous managers).

MM seems to understand fully the Albion's situation - and (like the rest of us) is sticking with the Club through thin and very thin.

When we get the YES decision, I hope the guy gets the recognition he deserves. He's up there with the very best.

:clap: :clap:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lord Bracknell said:

:clap2:

If we get the 20 more points we need they should make him Sir Mark..fergie and wenger couldnt achieve what he has

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Juan Albion said:
The "Perseus for manager" campaign starts here. :angry:

I would rip up the rest of my season ticket and burn my shirt if that ever happened.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I would rip up the rest of my season ticket and burn my shirt if that ever happened.

Perseus, Perseus where are you ?

Like a policeman, never there when you want one :lolol:

And what about BensGrandad ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here