Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons and Millwall

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I reckon both MK Dons and Millwall will be well up for winning their remaining games as I don't think they would want to meet Leeds in the 2 leg play-offs.
So finishing 3rd could mean playing Tranmere over 2 games.
So i think MK Dons will be going for it V Northampton tomorrow, and Millwall too V Carlisle. This will of course be insignificant if we win anyway, but could be good just in case !!:glare:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have always maintained this. Who you play in the play-offs and securing home advantage in the second leg are inportant.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
Agreed - speaking to a Millwall chappy at work today -they want to avoid Leeds, and he reckons that they will aim to win and hope MKD lose - apparently Millwall don't 'like' Carlisle for some reason?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Hopefully your right, i agree with you aswell. I can see MK slipping up at northampton and desperately hoping for Millwall to be fighting for 3 more points

uckfield gull

Mar 5, 2009
I suppose the one result we don't want tomorrow night is a draw. That keeps Noton up & would put Mkd in pole position for 3rd spot(on goal diff),with a winnable last game at Hereford. Ideally we want Millwall to be going for the win with a strong side,which they surely would if lying 3rd before ko,etc. At least if Noton do win,then this helps Millwall in finishing 3rd(thus avoiding Leeds in play off semis). Or should Mkd win then we could hope for a Leeds home win v Cobblers,which I believe would means a draw would be enough for us(regardless of what Carlisle do). Obviously,we only need a win on Saturday,but anything possible and alternative escape routes could be very welcome! Btw,if Mr Slade continues to weave his magic and is our manager by time new ground us built,how about calling it The Russell Sladium?!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I don't think either of them will win their games. Don't think they would care as much as we would like them too who they play in the Semi's.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Do you think the police will instruct Millwall to lose the match in order to avoid a Leeds/Milwall Wembley final. Now that it seems they can decide which ends penalties are taken this is the logical next step!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here