Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mitch walker

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
Was at the game today, and i must say that i was impressed with Mitch, his shot stopping was good as well as his distribution. A very good debut, looked relaxed out there, didn't seem to get phased by the occaision. :thumbsup:

Poyet good to his word, said he would play Mitch before the end of the season. Well done Gus.

2nd week in a row where 2 youngsters have made their debuts and received "Man of the Match" awards. Well done boys.

PS Do we need to get another keeper?..........

Oct 25, 2003
hmmm, i'm not sure about brezovan....he's decent enough but a promotion standard keeper?

i would've been happy with a shit hot keeper and walker as number 2, but mein fuhrer knows best!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Walker looked confident and did nothing wrong but it did make me laugh when he was named man of the match by the sponsors. Frankly he had very little to do, to vote him MoM flatters Yeovil tremendously. Or maybe his Mum was the match sponsor :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All it will take is one mistake then the 'experts' on here will be telling all and sundry how 'shit' he is.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Walker looked confident and did nothing wrong but it did make me laugh when he was named man of the match by the sponsors. Frankly he had very little to do, to vote him MoM flatters Yeovil tremendously. Or maybe his Mum was the match sponsor :lolol:

It was Nsure, and I was one of their guests, the thinking behind the award was the two saves he made in the first half, his debut was also a factor, but aside from the goal was there anything else that jumped out?

It was traditional end of season fare.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best goalkeeping debut I can remember.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i would've been happy with a shit hot keeper and walker as number 2, but mein fuhrer knows best!

Just a quick reminder here. We are a 3rd division team, so "shit hot" keepers will be choosing one of the 40+ teams playing at a higher level in this country. That leaves us in the market that the likes of Turienzo move, so let's accept Brezovan is a damn good keeper for us, yeah.

As for Walker, he looks an ideal back-up. Decent, solid looking guy who can step-in if we get a short-term injury or suspension to the 1st choice, without picking up a big wage sat on the bench. Then, if FDM signs a coaching contract, he'll inevitably complete his playing forms, so he can also provide emergency cover.

I think we're SORTED. Now to find a right back, a goalscorer and pick-up Lua Lua.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see little point in getting another keeper as Bres and Mitch will do for now.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
We saw him play in the sussex senior cup final last yr and he was really good then, pains me that we could have had him instead of bloody graham smith for those games last yr, im sure he wouldnt have let in 4 a game like him, could do with being a bit taller but hes agility makes up for it, rather like grummitt did in the `70s. Not at his level but looks a good back up.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Best goalkeeping debut I can remember.

didnt go to leeds to witness yelldell then?

bloody hope that walker doesn't go the same way

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
Personally, I would like to see Brez as number 1, Mitch as back up to him as number two. Rather than getting in another keeper with more experience and a bigger pay packet, spend the money you would save on a experienced striker, where we need it !!!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was Nsure, and I was one of their guests, the thinking behind the award was the two saves he made in the first half, his debut was also a factor, but aside from the goal was there anything else that jumped out?

It was traditional end of season fare.

Fair enough, I wasn't disputing the fact he played well, far from it. Only that he didn't have enough to do from where I was sat to say he was the best player on the park. There were plenty of chuckles in the South Stand when it was announced, though frankly that happens so often I can only assume games look totally different from the North side of the ground.

I thought Navarro had a good game actually, and Painter. But maybe
neither could be described as outstanding either. So might as
well let Mitch enjoy his moment I guess :)

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Yeah He dose! lol never notice before lol.

Good friend of mine as well I spoke to him last night and he said that Bevezon got to fight for his place now so

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gritt - Why do you think kuipers would coach? I doubt very much that's the job he's been offered. He's served the club well and is a great shot-stopper, but given that he can't kick and his positioning isn't great, do we want him coaching? Surely Gus knows an ex-goalkeeper who can help us?!

wahoo

Banned
Oct 11, 2007

have a little respect before you mention mitch walkers mum , or do some research please

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
All it will take is one mistake then the 'experts' on here will be telling all and sundry how 'shit' he is.
Doubt it. Most experts when it comes to goalkeepers, were also Kuipers fans, and would slag off any keeper who dared threaten Kuipers position. Now Kuipers has gone, maybe our young keepers may get a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here