Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing TWO penalties out of five is embarrassing

Sep 12, 2006
:lolol:

when kerry stepped up i had the same feeling as when southgate/waddle/batty/carragher stepped up for england. he will never score, he only scores own goals against hereford etc etc, but he did well to be fair. he's still past it tho. :clap: :p :clap:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Neither Coxy or Gatt missed - both were saved. Coxy's was low to the keeper's right and Gatt's was drilled down the middle and saved by the keeper's boot.

Mark Ormerod's Gloves said:

when kerry stepped up i had the same feeling as when southgate/waddle/batty/carragher stepped up for england. he will never score, he only scores own goals against hereford etc etc, but he did well to be fair. he's still past it tho. :clap: :p :clap:

It was the calmest of the lot. Sent the keeper the wrong the way and rolled it in. Sometimes there is nothing like an old head, is there? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I think you will find that to real football fans like me, whenever you don't score with a penalty kick, you have 'missed a penalty.' If a kick is saved, it is because you missed putting it where the goalie wasn't. Not that I'm a pedant or anything.

Edit: actually that's a lie.

Last edited:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
hans kraay fan club said:
Neither Coxy or Gatt missed - both were saved. Coxy's was low to the keeper's right and Gatt's was drilled down the middle and saved by the keeper's boot.

its a good point, both were on target

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
Unresolved questions of our time, part 17:-

Is hitting the bar "on target"?

:lolol: That fat northan chain smoking twat.. whats-his-name, someone remind me..

:lolol: :lolol: That quote is up there with an overzealous Cardiff announcer.

Zak Whitbread :lolol: I guess England do need a new goalkicker with Wilko and Hodgson injured.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
ok...just woke up to hear result...can anyone describe jakies equaliser..even better is it on net

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Loved Hawsey's commentary when Kerry scored:

" and Mayo TRIES to run the full length of the pitch..." as if he will only actually make the halfway line before stopping for a breather....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Juan Albion said:
I think you will find that to real football fans like me, whenever you don't score with a penalty kick, you have 'missed a penalty.' If a kick is saved, it is because you missed putting it where the goalie wasn't. Not that I'm a pedant or anything.

Edit: actually that's a lie.

Really.

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here