Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing teenager Jay Slater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Much in the news regarding this case and why the online abuse/trolling is beyond me, for this must be agony for Jay's family and friends and my thoughts are with them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Much in the news regarding this case and why the online abuse/trolling is beyond me, for this must be agony for Jay's family and friends and my thoughts are with them.
He is or was a right little sh!tebag and I sense his family are little better. Those fools who paid money into his Gofundme account without knowing the background will surely be embarrased.

Find him, fly him home in a black bag at his family's expense and move on.

TNBA

TTF

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Evil sh1ts trolled the McCann’s. One even committed suicide when outed.
Wow, not sure life is that black and white. After your comment I read about that lady, as I had not heard of it before. A history of depression and anxiety in her life. And I'm not sure, personally, if I have much time for Jay Slater after I was myself set upon by a group and kicked in the head numerous times while on the floor, as a 20 yo (leaving me with detached retinas and life long anxiety) We can all make mistakes and do things we regret, not sure either of them are evil shits as you put it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He is or was a right little sh!tebag and I sense his family are little better. Those fools who paid money into his Gofundme account without knowing the background will surely be embarrased.

Find him, fly him home in a black bag at his family's expense and move on.

TNBA

TTF
Nice. Can see why the other thread was locked. A lot of assumptions there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wow, not sure life is that black and white. After your comment I read about that lady, as I had not heard of it before. A history of depression and anxiety in her life. And I'm not sure, personally, if I have much time for Jay Salter after I was myself set upon by a group and kicked in the head numerous times while on the floor, as a 20 yo (leaving me with detached retinas and life long anxiety) We can all make mistakes and do things we regret, not sure either of them are evil shits as you put it.

Trolling bereaved parents, fits the definition of evil. The McCann’s have faced years of this.

IMG_2306.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't think we need another thread on this. :down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The lady tweeted and retweeted some posts that I doubt the McCann's ever saw. Very dislikeable and distasteful thing to do indeed. But evil?, nah. I have a higher bar for evil than you then perhaps.

My post said evil sh1ts trolled the McCann’s. Then mentioned her.

Yes I have a lower bar. In an internet age some anonymous people relentlessly target others in immense personal torment and suffering. Enjoying the hurt.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
People are naturally concerned about the lad but sadly there may be more to his disappearance than initially thought so they want to know what happened
https://www.lancs.live/news/lancash...-slater-theory-family-29443587?int_source=nba

Police think there is a possibility his disappearance is drug related and are also investigating CTV of a fight out side the club he was at that involved an Asian man having his watch stolen.

Whatever someone was involved or not involved in, these “searching missing person” stories always fill me with a certain dread - everyday I open an online news link, what might have been found since the last update - I can’t imagine how awful it it for his family and friends, especially his poor Mum. ☹️

(Is Tenerife a bit of a shltehole? I’ve never been there personally?)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
People are naturally concerned about the lad but sadly there may be more to his disappearance than initially thought so they want to know what happened
https://www.lancs.live/news/lancash...-slater-theory-family-29443587?int_source=nba

Police think there is a possibility his disappearance is drug related and are also investigating CTV of a fight out side the club he was at that involved an Asian man having his watch stolen.

Whatever someone was involved or not involved in, these “searching missing person” stories always fill me with a certain dread - everyday I open an online news link, what might have been found since the last update - I can’t imagine how awful it it for his family and friends, especially his poor Mum. ☹️

Tenerife is a lovely island. Sadly not all visitors to it are that nice.

TNBA

TTF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Playa de las Americas had a reputation …. similar to Magaluf, Lloret, Benidorm at the time. Also some dangerous European crooks lived there involved in time share or drug trafficking.

The rest of the island has some areas.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Playa de las Americas had a reputation …. similar to Magaluf, Lloret, Benidorm at the time. Also some dangerous European crooks lived there involved in time share or drug trafficking.

The rest of the island has some areas.
Was in Playa April 1986 (when the Chernobyl disaster happened). When out of the hotel you couldn't walk far before being accosted by aggressive time share sales people. This was at the time that John Palmer (Brinks-Mat guy) had started his time-share racket. We were promised all sorts just to go to their presentations - but ignored them and carried on walking... until the next salesperson. Apart from a trip up Mount Teide, we ended up staying at the hotel most of the time to avoid them. It was pretty grim.

How slick timeshare fraudster cheated thousands

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was in Playa April 1986 (when the Chernobyl disaster happened). When out of the hotel you couldn't walk far before being accosted by aggressive time share sales people. This was at the time that John Palmer (Brinks-Mat guy) had started his time-share racket. We were promised all sorts just to go to their presentations - but ignored them and carried on walking... until the next salesperson. Apart from a trip up Mount Teide, we ended up staying at the hotel most of the time to avoid them. It was pretty grim.

How slick timeshare fraudster cheated thousands

I first went to The Canaries in …. April 86!

A brilliant holiday with a friend in Los Cristianos, but we walked to the Veronica Centre in Playa De Las Americas every night. The Banana Bar until it closed at 6am. I think we were too young to interest the crooks. Lots of funny episodes.

On a much later holiday with a girlfriend, we woke to late for the pre booked Teidi trip.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I first went to The Canaries in …. April 86!

A brilliant holiday with a friend in Los Cristianos, but we walked to the Veronica Centre in Playa De Las Americas every night. The Banana Bar until it closed at 6am. I think we were too young to interest the crooks. Lots of funny episodes.

On a much later holiday with a girlfriend, we woke to late for the pre booked Teidi trip.
We went to Los Cristiano's in 1983 had a few San Miguel's in Playa Da Las Americas and got a taxi back to our apartment, the chap driving charged us a fortune and took us halfway around the island, we kept asking "are you going the right way". The chap certainly took us for a ride that night, that's for sure!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We went to Los Cristiano's in 1983 had a few San Miguel's in Playa Da Las Americas and got a taxi back to our apartment, the chap driving charged us a fortune and took us halfway around the island, we kept asking "are you going the right way". The chap certainly took us for a ride that night, that's for sure!

The opposite. In Magaluf June 86 lazily we were get taxis literally a few 100 metres from clubs to the hotel. One night forgetting the hotel name.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nice. Can see why the other thread was locked. A lot of assumptions there.
On the McCanns - at the time I didn't have children and wasn't sure if they did much wrong.

I now have a 5yo and 2yo. I wouldn't dream in a million years of leaving them on their own in an apartment while I went on the piss 100m away. Absolutely awful behaviour. The McCanns were horrible c**ts who neglected their own children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here