Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing post

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hi, has anyone had any problems with post they've sent recently not being received by the person you've sent it to? I've recently sent off some documents all with the right amount of postage and it was sent a week ago but nothing has been received and just wondered if there was anything going on at the sorting offices?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
In recent months I've had several items ( including my driving licence ) go missing in the post. I don't want to point the finger at posties, but where does all the missing mail go?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I just can't understand it...I keep getting letters for people who live two doors down- it makes me wonder why people can't do simple things like read!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My son's birthday card and money from his uncle and aunt went missing last week.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hi, has anyone had any problems with post they've sent recently not being received by the person you've sent it to? I've recently sent off some documents all with the right amount of postage and it was sent a week ago but nothing has been received and just wondered if there was anything going on at the sorting offices?

It sounds more like nothing is going on at the sorting office.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
plod_165.jpg

I'll beat you all I reckon. My post person is a lazy good for nothing wanker. I've had registered delivery items addressed to me delivered to next door neighbours without a signature. I've had their mail delivered to me. I've collected dozens of those little red rubber bands from my drive because the lazy twat can't be bothered to take his phone from his ear long enough to put the bands in his pocket like he is supposed to. I've had mail delivered to me in Reading which was for a road of the same name in Newbury, 20 miles away.

But the other week he f***ing surpased himself.

I got a bill from Northern ireland Electricity addressed to
wrong name,
wrong street,
wrong town,
Wrong county - it was supposed to go to f***ing drogheda
wrong f***ing country/principality - It was supposed to go to f***ing Nothern Ireland.

The only part of the address that was right was the house number and the thick lazy wanker only bothered to glance at that.

Most postal workers are great, my current one is a grade a ****.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I'll beat you all I reckon. My post person is a lazy good for nothing wanker. I've had registered delivery items addressed to me delivered to next door neighbours without a signature. I've had their mail delivered to me. I've collected dozens of those little red rubber bands from my drive because the lazy twat can't be bothered to take his phone from his ear long enough to put the bands in his pocket like he is supposed to. I've had mail delivered to me in Reading which was for a road of the same name in Newbury, 20 miles away.

But the other week he f***ing surpased himself.

I got a bill from Northern ireland Electricity addressed to
wrong name,
wrong street,
wrong town,
Wrong county - it was supposed to go to f***ing drogheda
wrong f***ing country/principality - It was supposed to go to f***ing Nothern Ireland.

The only part of the address that was right was the house number and the thick lazy wanker only bothered to glance at that.

Most postal workers are great, my current one is a grade a ****.

sounds like my postie,when you mention picking up the bands all he says is,i'm paid to deliver post not pick up litter,lazy f**k

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Suggest you report it as it sounds like it needs resolving.

The post here was awful for a while and some companies (including Amazon.com) refused to send stuff here unless it was by courier (R600 postage for a R100 DVD for example!!). Whilst I am sure it is not that bad yet, it would not take too many undelivered parcels from the US before they refuse to send stuff.

I get a lot of books sent over from suppliers in the UK and I have yet to lose anything, but maybe that says more about the people doing the nicking than it does of the postal system. Boxes are often opened by Customs though.

Suggest you report it as it sounds like it needs resolving.

The post here was awful for a while and some companies (including Amazon.com) refused to send stuff here unless it was by courier (R600 postage for a R100 DVD for example!!). Whilst I am sure it is not that bad yet, it would not take too many undelivered parcels from the US before they refuse to send stuff.

I get a lot of books sent over from suppliers in the UK and I have yet to lose anything, but maybe that says more about the people doing the nicking than it does of the postal system. Boxes are often opened by Customs though.

I have reported him kzn, about 5 times in the past 15 months for a variety of things. All involving mis-delivered mail or mail being delivered without getting the required signature. I've not bothered about the littering and the like because it doesn't seem worth it.

I tell you, the mail deliveries in J'burg are better than the service I get from the wanker in Reading.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I tell you, the mail deliveries in J'burg are better than the service I get from the wanker in Reading.

Blimey, it must be bad then!! I would hope that you are just unlucky though.

The service here isn't that bad really, not that I have experienced anyway, but it just takes 1 wrongun in the sorting office for the whole service to get a bad reputation.

As an aside, there was a new bloke in our local post office a while ago, who was asked to post a parcel to Australia. After 20 minutes (literally) he asked the customer whereabouts in South Africa Australia was!! He is not there anymore.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
My sister posted me a CD containing some photos earlier in the year. It turned up exactly 50 days later, a week after we had abandoned all hope and a replacement had been sent. God alone knows where it went on holiday to.

Someone else posted me a book 3 weeks ago - I'm still waiting.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
post office are shit, i have had several specials with £200 in them each been stolen, postal workers are dogs....some of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here