Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I just think we should lower our expectations a little. 12th would be a massive improvement and is a realistic aim.

I'm fed up with you and "Glenn-Murray" spouting crap. And no Baldock is not coming to Palace.

12th would be an disappointing season next year given our sizable transfer budget, current squad and the calibre of signing we have made so far.

Again, everyone BUT you seems to think that Baldock may well sign for Palace.

Do you REALLY think that Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward, Speroni etc. are midtable players? Last season they were held back by a couple of sub-standard players that have been replaced this summer and will continue to be replaced. Speroni is probably the best keeper in the division, Zaha is probably the best forward in the division, Williams is a fantastic midfielder (ran the show against you!) and Ward is almost as good as Clyne.

Decimated squad my arse. I know it upsets you that it looks like Brighton may only have finished above us for one season out of 36, but that's just the way things are. I'm sure you won't get relegated (although I can't say that same about some of your own fans!)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"WAS" "WAS" tipped to be the next Wayne Rooney. Where have i heard that from before?

"we're prepared to pay a big fee for a goalscorer" - Stop making stuff up.

"obvious troll is obvious" - How old are you? 5?

I'm not sure where you've heard that before - and I really don't care.

"Stop making stuff up" it's obvious that you aren't a Palace fan. If you WERE, you would probably have seen one of the MANY interviews that Steve Parish did at the end of the season where he said that "sometimes you need to spend big money to get a certain calibre of goalscorer, and that's something we'll be doing over the summer". Also note that we tried to sign Baldock in January, before West Ham bid £3m for him and got him. I doubt we'd have been in the running at all if we weren't prepared to pay a million or so.

You're a twat mate. Give up.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
12th would be an disappointing season next year given our sizable transfer budget, current squad and the calibre of signing we have made so far.

Again, everyone BUT you seems to think that Baldock may well sign for Palace.

Do you REALLY think that Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward, Speroni etc. are midtable players? Last season they were held back by a couple of sub-standard players that have been replaced this summer and will continue to be replaced. Speroni is probably the best keeper in the division, Zaha is probably the best forward in the division, Williams is a fantastic midfielder (ran the show against you!) and Ward is almost as good as Clyne.

Decimated squad my arse. I know it upsets you that it looks like Brighton may only have finished above us for one season out of 36, but that's just the way things are. I'm sure you won't get relegated (although I can't say that same about some of your own fans!)

"12th would be an disappointing" - No it wouldn't. We are moving forward slowly which is how it should be done.

"sizable transfer budget" - £1million sizable?

"Again, everyone BUT you seems to think that Baldock may well sign for Palace." - It's called Fact.

"Do you REALLY think that Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward, Speroni etc. are midtable players?" - No they are all prem quality players.

"Last season they were held back by a couple of sub-standard players" - Not the only thing they were held back by.

"Decimated squad my arse. I know it upsets you that it looks like Brighton may only have finished above us for one season out of 36, but that's just the way things are. I'm sure you won't get relegated (although I can't say that same about some of your own fans!)" - I'm a Palace fan, just not deluded and 5 years old.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Peterborough away. Where did Scannell play? End of the 2010/11 season where was Scannell playing?

We tried to sign Baldock but his wages and loan fee are to high.

Our defence has been ripped apart. Gardner, Clyne and Mcshane all gone. All prem quality players gone.

CONGRATULATIONS. You can name ONE game last season (the first one!) when Scannell played up front. You're not very good at this, are you?

I see. I wasn't aware that you had such great inside info. Tell me, how do you know exactly what our "wage cap" is, and how do you know that Baldock is too expensive for us?

Gardner may have gone, he hasn't gone anywhere yet. McShane only played a few games for us, and was only on loan. We've replaced him with Martin from Southampton who is very highly rated by their fans. Clyne is gone, but has been replaced by Ward.

You chat so much shit :lol:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I'm not sure where you've heard that before - and I really don't care.

"Stop making stuff up" it's obvious that you aren't a Palace fan. If you WERE, you would probably have seen one of the MANY interviews that Steve Parish did at the end of the season where he said that "sometimes you need to spend big money to get a certain calibre of goalscorer, and that's something we'll be doing over the summer". Also note that we tried to sign Baldock in January, before West Ham bid £3m for him and got him. I doubt we'd have been in the running at all if we weren't prepared to pay a million or so.

You're a twat mate. Give up.

"I'm not sure where you've heard that before - and I really don't care." - It's an expression

"you would probably have seen one of the MANY interviews that Steve Parish did at the end of the season where he said that "sometimes you need to spend big money to get a certain calibre of goalscorer, and that's something we'll be doing over the summer" - Spending big money doesn't always mean a big fee, it sometimes means big wages.

"I doubt we'd have been in the running at all if we weren't prepared to pay a million or so." - LL said we bid less then a Million.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our defence has been ripped apart. Gardner, Clyne and Mcshane all gone. All prem quality players gone.

Sorry, Clyne may well prove himself at a higher level, but Anthony Gardner and especially McShane are no more Premier quality than I am.

As is Wilbraham. I'm sure he's a willing lad, but let's be honest, if we'd signed him, half this board would have been going "who?" and complaining about what a disappointing signing it was. If he'd signed for Derby or Sheffield Wednesday, quite rightly nobody would have even noticed, because he's that sort of player who nobody cares about.

I genuinely am not saying this because he's signed for Palace (I do at least try and be rational about these things). I just think he's a bit meh.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Get
A
Room

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS. You can name ONE game last season (the first one!) when Scannell played up front. You're not very good at this, are you?

I see. I wasn't aware that you had such great inside info. Tell me, how do you know exactly what our "wage cap" is, and how do you know that Baldock is too expensive for us?

Gardner may have gone, he hasn't gone anywhere yet. McShane only played a few games for us, and was only on loan. We've replaced him with Martin from Southampton who is very highly rated by their fans. Clyne is gone, but has been replaced by Ward.

You chat so much shit :lol:

"CONGRATULATIONS. You can name ONE game last season (the first one!) when Scannell played up front. You're not very good at this, are you?" - Read what i said again.

"I see. I wasn't aware that you had such great inside info. Tell me, how do you know exactly what our "wage cap" is, and how do you know that Baldock is too expensive for us?" - It's not a wage cap, it's what our top earners are on. Rich Cawley said he is too expensive.

"Gardner may have gone, he hasn't gone anywhere yet. McShane only played a few games for us, and was only on loan. We've replaced him with Martin from Southampton who is very highly rated by their fans. Clyne is gone, but has been replaced by Ward." - Gardner has gone, no replacement, Mcshane was a quality player - replaced by yet another loan signing and yes Ward is a very good replacement for Clyne.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On a more serious note, 3 players have chosen Palace over Brighton in the last year.Could it be a case of you've got nice curtains,but f**k all in the larder ?
It's because these so called players are offered what we think is right and unlike you players here are not guaranteed to start,also we offer 2 year deals a lot why you offer stupid 4 year deals for average players.

That's why

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"12th would be an disappointing" - No it wouldn't. We are moving forward slowly which is how it should be done.

"sizable transfer budget" - £1million sizable?

"Again, everyone BUT you seems to think that Baldock may well sign for Palace." - It's called Fact.

"Do you REALLY think that Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward, Speroni etc. are midtable players?" - No they are all prem quality players.

"Last season they were held back by a couple of sub-standard players" - Not the only thing they were held back by.

"Decimated squad my arse. I know it upsets you that it looks like Brighton may only have finished above us for one season out of 36, but that's just the way things are. I'm sure you won't get relegated (although I can't say that same about some of your own fans!)" - I'm a Palace fan, just not deluded and 5 years old.

AHAHAHA £1m transfer budget? Have you not been listening (again) to CPFC2010, who have said that they are investing £10m in the playing staff over the next two years while they still can? What about the money (between £2m and £3m) from the sale of Clyne? You are so thick it's unreal.

If Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward AND Speroni are all Premiership quality - but you think we'll still finish in 12th and that will be a "successful season" - how poorly do you rate the other 6 players in our XI? They must be some of the worst players in the Championship by your standards.

Although, obviously, Parr got our POTY award, Jedinak was a contender despite playing half a season, Murray is very highly rated by Weeds like yourself and McCarthy has been consistently part of some of the best defenses in the league for many years now.

So we've got 5 players you rate as "Premiership class", 4 more players who are clearly very good at Championship level, and you still think that we're going to finish 12th?

You are MENTAL. :lol:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Sorry, Clyne may well prove himself at a higher level, but Anthony Gardner and especially McShane are no more Premier quality than I am.

As is Wilbraham. I'm sure he's a willing lad, but let's be honest, if we'd signed him, half this board would have been going "who?" and complaining about what a disappointing signing it was. If he'd signed for Derby or Sheffield Wednesday, quite rightly nobody would have even noticed, because he's that sort of player who nobody cares about.

I genuinely am not saying this because he's signed for Palace (I do at least try and be rational about these things). I just think he's a bit meh.

Gardner, when fit, could play for any bottom half prem team and not look out of place. Maybe not McShane.

I agree about Wilbs.

It is very Meh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
£7k? Sorry to burst your imaginary Palace bubble, but that's just untrue. Clyne was offered more than £7k per week to re-sign, and Ambrose currently earns more than that.

You think CMS would have signed for you for LESS than £7k? You think Joel Ward would have chosen us over Ipswich and Leeds for less than £7k? I really wish we were able to be so attractive to players while not competing financially, but we just aren't. As it stands, we are able to sign players despite offering slightly less money than our competitors - but £7k is taking the piss.
Joel ward wanted to stay in the south so that was an easy decision for him.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
"I'm not sure where you've heard that before - and I really don't care." - It's an expression

"you would probably have seen one of the MANY interviews that Steve Parish did at the end of the season where he said that "sometimes you need to spend big money to get a certain calibre of goalscorer, and that's something we'll be doing over the summer" - Spending big money doesn't always mean a big fee, it sometimes means big wages.

"I doubt we'd have been in the running at all if we weren't prepared to pay a million or so." - LL said we bid less then a Million.
Your not very convincing are you !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon Wilbraham will turn out to be just as useful as Agent Murray was last season for Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"CONGRATULATIONS. You can name ONE game last season (the first one!) when Scannell played up front. You're not very good at this, are you?" - Read what i said again.

"I see. I wasn't aware that you had such great inside info. Tell me, how do you know exactly what our "wage cap" is, and how do you know that Baldock is too expensive for us?" - It's not a wage cap, it's what our top earners are on. Rich Cawley said he is too expensive.

"Gardner may have gone, he hasn't gone anywhere yet. McShane only played a few games for us, and was only on loan. We've replaced him with Martin from Southampton who is very highly rated by their fans. Clyne is gone, but has been replaced by Ward." - Gardner has gone, no replacement, Mcshane was a quality player - replaced by yet another loan signing and yes Ward is a very good replacement for Clyne.

I think you need to read what I said again. 2010-2011 was not last season, clever cloggs.

McShane replaced by "yet another loan signing"? He WAS A LOAN SIGNING HIMSELF you pleb, the only one we've got at the moment!

£7k a week is not our wage cap. Anyone with any info whatsoever as to the contracts that Zaha/Ambrose/Clyne (was offered)/Jedinak/Parr have will know that not all of them would accept £7k. These are players with a lot of international experience/experience in the Premiership/have rejected Premiership offers, why would they sign for £7K a week? How could we have made Clyne our "best paid player" if they were all on the same money?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
AHAHAHA £1m transfer budget? Have you not been listening (again) to CPFC2010, who have said that they are investing £10m in the playing staff over the next two years while they still can? What about the money (between £2m and £3m) from the sale of Clyne? You are so thick it's unreal.

If Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward AND Speroni are all Premiership quality - but you think we'll still finish in 12th and that will be a "successful season" - how poorly do you rate the other 6 players in our XI? They must be some of the worst players in the Championship by your standards.

Although, obviously, Parr got our POTY award, Jedinak was a contender despite playing half a season, Murray is very highly rated by Weeds like yourself and McCarthy has been consistently part of some of the best defenses in the league for many years now.

So we've got 5 players you rate as "Premiership class", 4 more players who are clearly very good at Championship level, and you still think that we're going to finish 12th?

You are MENTAL. :lol:

AHAHAHA £1m transfer budget? Have you not been listening (again) to CPFC2010, who have said that they are investing £10m in the playing staff over the next two years while they still can? - Sorry where did you hear that? 100% Bull.

If Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward AND Speroni are all Premiership quality - but you think we'll still finish in 12th and that will be a "successful season" - how poorly do you rate the other 6 players in our XI? They must be some of the worst players in the Championship by your standards. - Add Parr to that list BTW. Leicester had a very good squad last season and what happened to them?

Although, obviously, Parr got our POTY award, Jedinak was a contender despite playing half a season, Murray is very highly rated by Weeds like yourself and McCarthy has been consistently part of some of the best defenses in the league for many years now. - McCarthy is poor. Ask any Palace fan.

You are MENTAL. :lol: - Ironic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here