Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Since when has 17th been mid f***ing table? 17th is 17th, near the bottom.

16 points away from the bottom three is absolutely nowhere near the bottom. ???

I notice you don't dispute that Ambrose, Zaha, Murray, Baldock and Williams as a front five could easily get us into the play-offs? It looks VERY promising for us next season. Seems like CPFC2010 weren't messing around when they said they wanted promotion if the talk of Jose Baxter and Sam Baldock is true :) :lol:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
With Murray, Easter and Scannell (who is actually a winger) last season we finished in midtable. I would not be confident about finishing above midtable with those strikers alone.

Thankfully, we're not going into next season with those players, as you well know. You failed to include Wilfried Zaha, who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists from the wing, and Darren Ambrose who get 10 goals and 9 assists from the other wing. Wilfried I'm sure will score more goals next season as he is going to be played as a striker according to Dougie - he has played there 4 times so far and scored in every game.

Of course unlike Brighton, Palace aren't content with simply keeping what we've got, we want to improve. Which is why we've signed Wilbraham as cover for Murray as he will be on low wages, and it's why we're currently trying to sign Sam Baldock from West Ham.

----Murray------Zaha----
Ambrose--Baldock--Williams

A front five that would be more than capable of achieving a finish in and around the playoffs, I'm sure you'll agree :)

Scannell isn't a winger.
Baldock isn't a palace player.
Williams isn't a wide player.
17th isn't mid table.
A squad isn't just about the front 5.
Palace's defence has been ripped apart this summer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With Murray, Easter and Scannell (who is actually a winger) last season we finished in midtable. I would not be confident about finishing above midtable with those strikers alone.

Midtable? 17th is not mid table by any stretch of the imagination.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
£7k? Sorry to burst your imaginary Palace bubble, but that's just untrue. Clyne was offered more than £7k per week to re-sign, and Ambrose currently earns more than that.

You think CMS would have signed for you for LESS than £7k? You think Joel Ward would have chosen us over Ipswich and Leeds for less than £7k? I really wish we were able to be so attractive to players while not competing financially, but we just aren't. As it stands, we are able to sign players despite offering slightly less money than our competitors - but £7k is taking the piss.

Clueless. You think all championship players are on 20k a week? 7k is not taking the piss, it's what a bottom half team pays. FACT.

Last edited:

I notice you don't dispute that Ambrose, Zaha, Murray, Baldock and Williams as a front five could easily get us into the play-offs? It looks VERY promising for us next season. Seems like CPFC2010 weren't messing around when they said they wanted promotion if the talk of Jose Baxter and Sam Baldock is true :) :lol:

Your logic is Palace tinted, 17th is what it is. It's a position in the table, near the bottom positions. mid table my arse.:D

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Jose Baxter is not going to get us promoted. Hence why he went on loan to league 1. Also been in trouble with the law and dates some slut on that scouse housewives program. No thanks.

Baldock is not coming to Palace. FACT.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Thankfully, we're not going into next season with those players, as you well know. You failed to include Wilfried Zaha, who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists from the wing, and Darren Ambrose who get 10 goals and 9 assists from the other wing. Wilfried I'm sure will score more goals next season as he is going to be played as a striker according to Dougie - he has played there 4 times so far and scored in every game.

Of course unlike Brighton, Palace aren't content with simply keeping what we've got, we want to improve. Which is why we've signed Wilbraham as cover for Murray as he will be on low wages, and it's why we're currently trying to sign Sam Baldock from West Ham.

----Murray------Zaha----
Ambrose--Baldock--Williams

A front five that would be more than capable of achieving a finish in and around the playoffs, I'm sure you'll agree :)

All out attack next season then? Is Dougie dropping the dour negative tactics at last?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Clueless. You think all championship players are on 20k a week? 7k is not taking the piss, it's what a bottom half team pays. FACT.

The average for Championships players is more like 5k a week, obviously there will be a lot of dross on much less than 5k.

Jan 12, 2012
Scannell isn't a winger.
17th isn't mid table.

Im with you mate,i think we'll get relegated with the record lowest points tally, and admin 3 is around the corner.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Scannell isn't a winger.
17th isn't mid table.

Scannell has been played as a winger in almost every game he has been at Palace. You are wrong.
Baldock isn't a Palace player, however we are trying to sign him, as I said. You aren't wrong, you're just stating what I said.
Williams isn't a wide player, but I didn't suggest he was. Again, you're being stupid.
17th is closer to 12th than to the bottom, so obviously it is midtable. You're wrong.
A squad isn't about the front 5, but our defense hasn't been ripped apart at all. We've lost Clyne, and already replaced him with Ward. ONCE AGAIN, you're wrong.

You're not even a half-convincing troll.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Im with you mate,i think we'll get relegated with the record lowest points tally, and admin 3 is around the corner.

I just think we should lower our expectations a little. 12th would be a massive improvement and is a realistic aim.

He might or might not , stop pissing your knickers with anything palace related .

I'm fed up with you and "Glenn-Murray" spouting crap. And no Baldock is not coming to Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Jose Baxter is not going to get us promoted. Hence why he went on loan to league 1. Also been in trouble with the law and dates some slut on that scouse housewives program. No thanks.

Baldock is not coming to Palace. FACT.

Proof, if any more was needed, that you aren't a Palace fan. Jose Baxter was tipped to be "the next Rooney" by everyone associated with Everton last year. He hasn't progressed since the first couple of months of the season, and went on loan to League 1 where he impressed Tranmere so much they resigned him 3 times.

How on earth could you know that Baldock isn't coming to Palace? He wants to play football, Dougie wants to sign him, CPFC2010 want to sign him and we're prepared to pay a big fee for a goalscorer, because Steve Parish knows we need one.

"obvious troll is obvious"

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Scannell has been played as a winger in almost every game he has been at Palace. You are wrong.
Baldock isn't a Palace player, however we are trying to sign him, as I said. You aren't wrong, you're just stating what I said.
Williams isn't a wide player, but I didn't suggest he was. Again, you're being stupid.
17th is closer to 12th than to the bottom, so obviously it is midtable. You're wrong.
A squad isn't about the front 5, but our defense hasn't been ripped apart at all. We've lost Clyne, and already replaced him with Ward. ONCE AGAIN, you're wrong.

You're not even a half-convincing troll.

Peterborough away. Where did Scannell play? End of the 2010/11 season where was Scannell playing?

We tried to sign Baldock but his wages and loan fee are to high.

Our defence has been ripped apart. Gardner, Clyne and Mcshane all gone. All prem quality players gone.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I think a lot of Brighton fans are taking the piss, he's not even a bad player, he's obviously good, may not be a 20 goal a season striker but it's not a bad signing.

If it us who signed him, they'd be a few people who'd moan but everyone else would be like 'i think Gus knows more than you'

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Proof, if any more was needed, that you aren't a Palace fan. Jose Baxter was tipped to be "the next Rooney" by everyone associated with Everton last year. He hasn't progressed since the first couple of months of the season, and went on loan to League 1 where he impressed Tranmere so much they resigned him 3 times.

How on earth could you know that Baldock isn't coming to Palace? He wants to play football, Dougie wants to sign him, CPFC2010 want to sign him and we're prepared to pay a big fee for a goalscorer, because Steve Parish knows we need one.

"obvious troll is obvious"

"WAS" "WAS" tipped to be the next Wayne Rooney. Where have i heard that from before?

"we're prepared to pay a big fee for a goalscorer" - Stop making stuff up.

"obvious troll is obvious" - How old are you? 5?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here