Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Maybe old news but ...

Arsenal defender Miquel set for loan switch to Championship side Brighton
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 09:35, 12 July 2012 | UPDATED: 09:35, 12 July 2012
Comments (1)

In demand: Brighton want Miquel
Brighton are closing in on a loan deal for Arsenal defender Ignasi Miquel.
The npower Championship club, managed by former Chelsea and Tottenham ace Gus Poyet, are keen on the centre-back who made nine appearances for the Gunners last term.
And manager Arsene Wenger is ready to send Miquel, 19, on loan in a bid to gain further first-team experience.
The Seagulls will be able to guarantee Miquel games, with the Spaniard behind Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou in the defensive pecking order at the Emirates.
Barcelona are also monitoring Miquel's situation.
The defender came through the ranks at Barca and the Spanish giants are ready to launch a £300,000 bid to bring him back to the club.

Read more: Ignasi Miquel set for Brighton loan | Mail Online

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
This lad is clearly a step above at what we got a center back. El abd and Greer are more then able at this level. BUT with Dunk potentially being unavailable, Hall seemingly gone and elphick having not played for a year. A quality centre back is what we need to add quality and depth in that area.

I hope we get Ignasi Miquel

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Could we not just buy him for £300k?

From what I could infer from the article, Wenger has plans for him. So perhaps that's why he'd prefer to have him on loan. And given we're only an hours away from London via train - a move to us could be ideal for the lad if he wishes to stay at Arsenal.

I hope this goes through, but surely we don't need that many defenders anymore? I just want a technical holding midfielder, all I want right now. With the current squad, I honestly believe we'll be in the top 6, but who knows aye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here