Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millway away - season ticket holders only?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Seems a bit odd that tickets are only available to supporters with 1,000 or more "loyalty" points

Stupid decision

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well Millwall is less than an hour's train journey away, takes about 2500 away fans and we have 23,000 ST holders.

What on earth is "stupid" about this? If you didn't set the bar quite high then what would the point of the loyalty points system be?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Only initially, I guess.

On the site it says that tickets will be available to supporters with 1,000 or more points from Sat 15th, exactly one week before the game. Seems a bit short for anyone else who is below 1,000 to have a chance.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Well Millwall is less than an hour's train journey away, takes about 2500 away fans and we have 23,000 ST holders.

What on earth is "stupid" about this? If you didn't set the bar quite high then what would the point of the loyalty points system be?

How many of our season ticket holders travel away? I'd guesstimate that it's around 15% or so. Also some people are still put of by the 'Millwall factor' and won't want to go. Can understand it for the Palace game and possibly if we get a decent away cup game but by restricting this game to ST holders only seems a bit odd

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Well what's the problem then? If there ARE enough ST holders wanting to go then you'd be proved wrong, if there are NOT then non-ST holders will get tickets anyway. Simple.

It's a high demand game (if for no other reason than geography) so tickets are given priority, as they would be for cup/popular home games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How many of our season ticket holders travel away? I'd guesstimate that it's around 15% or so. Also some people are still put of by the 'Millwall factor' and won't want to go. Can understand it for the Palace game and possibly if we get a decent away cup game but by restricting this game to ST holders only seems a bit odd

15% of 23000 is best part of 3500 plus a load of away supporters aren't STH's. If we're getting 2500 I can see this selling out

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We havent ever sold 2500 tickets at Millwall before and Im certain we wont again. Still one of my favourite fixtures though, and ten minutes from my house.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We havent ever sold 2500 tickets at Millwall before and Im certain we wont again. Still one of my favourite fixtures though, and ten minutes from my house.

Saturday afternoon, in the Championship, a bunch of new signings that will have fans feeling positive. Win at Burnley today and I can see it. I'm getting 2 so that's 2 newbies!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Your maths there have done you up like a kipper - tbf, if it is limited to ST holders and they sell out, that seems only fair as they (we) are the ones laying out the money for a ST in first place. As [MENTION=2654]ATFC Seagull[/MENTION] has said whats the point in loyalty system if not?

Feb 14, 2010

Who told you that myth? Play off semi at the old den. Sold out the end behind the goal and that was more than 2500. Last year even, a midweek game the upper tier was pretty much sold old and took circa 2000. Expect about 2500 Brighton for this season and the game wont sell out. It will be pay on the gate and there will be plenty of room in the ground so if they have strange ticketing arrangements at Brighton then I will be in the home end.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

The club have got to cover their bases though. It *could" sell out and then if people higher up the loyalty points pecking order miss out, then the club are gonna have some pretty awkward questions to answer - so far I can't recall any instances of them really getting the away allocations through the points system wrong...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We took 1800 on a Tuesday night during our horrendous winless streak in October last season. If we don't take more than 2000 I will be amazed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who told you that myth? Play off semi at the old den. Sold out the end behind the goal and that was more than 2500. Last year even, a midweek game the upper tier was pretty much sold old and took circa 2000. Expect about 2500 Brighton for this season and the game wont sell out. It will be pay on the gate and there will be plenty of room in the ground so if they have strange ticketing arrangements at Brighton then I will be in the home end.

Fair enough was talking about The New Den. We didnt actually sell out our play off allocation at The old Den but there were more than 2500 there granted.

Jan 30, 2008
15% of 23000 is best part of 3500 plus a load of away supporters aren't STH's. If we're getting 2500 I can see this selling out
ha ha comedy gold ,you're really not in the loop are you , next thing is we'll be given the lower part as well :drool:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
ha ha comedy gold ,you're really not in the loop are you , next thing is we'll be given the lower part as well :drool:

I guess not - having studied your few words and even rearranged them, I haven't a clue what you're on about

or maybe my reference to "away supporters" ... maybe a bad term to use but my 5yr old got it .. was reference to Albion fans who travel to away games - not Wall fans.

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Seems a bit odd that tickets are only available to supporters with 1,000 or more "loyalty" points

Stupid decision

If you want a ticket just talk to a ST holding friend who isn't going and doesn't mind getting the ticket for you. I have 'been to' lots of away games (apparently...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here