Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Helicopters

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
They just flew over Coldean, I didnt see them (couldn't be arsed to look) but they were as hell noisey.

Yep - went past my window at Sussex Uni just a few minutes ago! They used to regularly visit the TA place near the Uni of Brighton on the Lewes Road. That closed down ages ago so no idea where they are headed!

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
A chinook regularly flies over my house on Wednesday evenings, appaantly to practice night landings somwhere near Waldron. You can almost set your clock by it.

Noisy fucker!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Anything to do with the convoy of army Landrovers & lorries coming down the A23 about 3 this afternoon?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
saw one flying low just north of Ditchling earlier, the Air Force use that route quite often and I see Chinooks almost every week.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They use things like coast lines, rivers and roads to navigate their way around, and i quite often see them flying over Brighton area!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Do they keep to the one way systmes and avoid bus lanes?

Trigger, get the washing in!

Dandyman

In London village.
Sorry, forgot to tell you today was when I was going to test out GDC travel options for the coming season. Still can't quite figure out where to place the tannoys for the Wagner soundtrack, mind you.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone just seen the 2 military helicopters that just few over Falmer, heading towards Brighton.

They were rather low.

They went just over my head when I was waiting at the Polegate roundabout today heading towards Brighton and they were wicked!

They weren't chinooks but those fighting type ones with guns hanging off the front and everything. Apache?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They went just over my head when I was waiting at the Polegate roundabout today heading towards Brighton and they were wicked!

They weren't chinooks but those fighting type ones with guns hanging off the front and everything. Apache?

Apache: Was this it?

AH-64%20Apache.jpg

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Similar but bigger and the guns were hanging off the bit under the pilot rather than on that bar that goes across. And the guns were BIGGER!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here