Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward = twat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
Just got round to reading the Bournemouth programme and his column titled 'Bill Shankly was wrong' and i've never read such a load of patronising drivel in my life, we all have our own feelings re; Sept 11 why would we want to hear his, and then making a link towards those who do get over exited with regards to a rival team (chavvy hollow headed plankton who sing "shoot all the Palace scum")he's proved himself an opinionated arsehole before and this is the icing on the cake. If Baker's enough to stop you voting Lib dem,he's enough to stop you buying a programme!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I couldnt agree more. I read the article on the way back from the game on tues. He has his own opinions, fine, but dont bore the rest of us with them. Of couse the game must be put into perspective when something like that happens but people's love for the game shouldnt be queried and questioned as a result. Everyone knows football isnt more important than life and death but dont patronise us in a programme we've bought to entertain us.

Please continue to buy the programme as its a crucial source of revenue for the Club - just dont buy the Daily Star, not that anyone would!

Note to programme editor - please dont let that Gooner write in our programme anymore.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's RIGHT.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Can I just confirm that I am in now way associated with him.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think he's always come in for too much stick on here simply because he's chosen to support his local club which wasn't the team he grew up supporting.

However I can't comment on his programe articles as I long ago gave up reading them on the grounds that they're (IMO) really rather poor. Easy 10 should do it.

Wardywonderland said:
Can I just confirm that I am in now way associated with him.

:lolol:

I stopped buying the programme because of Ward some time ago. Nothing to do with his Arsenal roots, I couldn't care less. He is just crap, talentless and annoying. At least he is not paid for his drivel.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Remember the good old days when programmes only contained factual details about the days game,a brief report on the previous game and views from the manager.Oh,and the fixture list and tables.Cost about a tanner.Who cares what soandsos favourite food and music is,or their idol or holidays?Who REALLY gives a monkeys about the trash articles and Sunesque stories?Who really needs a 98 page match magazine full of tosh and adverts for thee quid?

Your starter for ten.

To preempt the question,No.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So a bloke having opinions you don't agree makes him a "twat" does it?

Rather harsh I think.

(For what it's worth, i thought Saturdays article was a particularly poor effort, but that doesn't make me want to judge the author).

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Ive got no problems with anyone having an opinion whether I agree with it or not. What I have got a problem with is someone who doesnt know one end of a football from another writing a complete load of wank. Not harsh at all.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Dick Knights Mum said:
I don't think I know one end of a football from another either.

Youll probably get a job writing a column in the programme giving your half baked, ill informed, irrelevant thoughts on a game you dont understand then.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:
Youll probably get a job writing a column in the programme giving your half baked, ill informed, irrelevant thoughts on a game you dont understand then.
Oi! Don't be rude about DKM - his ideas are fully baked. Especially the one about not knowing one end of a football from the other. I've got one in my office and I've spent lunchtime just trying to find ONE end!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm closing this thread because in parts it is out and out abuse, despite some otherwise constructive comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here