Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mike bambers son dies

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I didn't know his son but Mike Bamber was one of the best things that happened to the Albion. RIP :angel:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Is he still alive?

Sadly not but his name lives on.

Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited

Names on the buses
823 Mike Bamber

Connections with Brighton and Hove : The energetic and charismatic Bamber made his money through business deals before turning his attention to Brighton and Hove Albion, a team permanently in the lower divisions of the Football League. Under his astute guidance, Albion were promoted to the First Division of the League and found greater glory by reaching the 1983 Cup Final. Albion almost won that match, which ended in a 2-2 draw, but lost the replay against Manchester United 4-0. Things were never as good again. Albion were relegated and Bamber left the club, dying at an early age from cancer

Sadly not but his name lives on.

Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited

Names on the buses
823 Mike Bamber

Connections with Brighton and Hove : The energetic and charismatic Bamber made his money through business deals before turning his attention to Brighton and Hove Albion, a team permanently in the lower divisions of the Football League. Under his astute guidance, Albion were promoted to the First Division of the League and found greater glory by reaching the 1983 Cup Final. Albion almost won that match, which ended in a 2-2 draw, but lost the replay against Manchester United 4-0. Things were never as good again. Albion were relegated and Bamber left the club, dying at an early age from cancer

That's a shame, although I remember he was a smoker. It didn't state when he died or at what age, and there was no mention of his coup in bringing Clough & Taylor to the GG in '73.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
That's a shame, although I remember he was a smoker. It didn't state when he died or at what age, and there was no mention of his coup in bringing Clough & Taylor to the GG in '73.

taken from one of my albion books.

On July 11th 1988 Mike Bamber the 57 year old former chairman of the club passed away at his home in Jersey.

taken from one of my albion books.

On July 11th 1988 Mike Bamber the 57 year old former chairman of the club passed away at his home in Jersey.

I can't believe 20 years have passed without me hearing of this, even though I've been living 200 miles away all that while. The internet is certainly a mileage-shrinker. Thank you for breaking the news so gently, though!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I can't believe 20 years have passed without me hearing of this, even though I've been living 200 miles away all that while. The internet is certainly a mileage-shrinker.

Sad he dosen't even have his own Wiki page!

I knew he had died of cancer but had to look up when and like you say 20 years has passed so quickly with barely a mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here