Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfield for tomorrow

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would go for:

Cox Thomson McPhail Robinson

Personally I would convert Robinson into a winger now, especially as we have no-one to get crosses in for the two strikers, Murray and Forster.

otherwise,

Thomson ( in front of the back four and play three across midfield)

Cox Mcphail/ Martot

Certainly until we get a loanee in anyway

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
rents is a full back!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Two wide players in Cox and Robinson and Thomson with Martot playing a more advanced role in the centre of the park. With two proper strikers we now need to make sure we get service to them from wide areas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think Wilkins doesnt rate him, after all, his return to the team from Millwall on wasnt exactly a rip roaring success.

Only an opinion like!

I would like to see us tomorrow go out with the only two wingers we have, ie Cox and Robinson and really have a go at Crewe...if we sit back and rely on the hoof, then I can see the natives getting restless

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
El Abd in midfield means if he makes a mistake it wont lead to a goal, but really why play him there - he has NO attributes of a midfielder and will get shown up like when he plays at full back

After Northampton I will be annoyed if Cox is on the left, it is OBVIOUS he cannot play there no matter how good a player people thinks he is

Crewe are low in confidence and in the relegation zone, and we know we have no wingers. Does this mean we have to force people to play there - NO

Change of formation maybe all that is needed for this game

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Martot -- Cox -- Thomson (c) -- Robinson

Let cox be our creative player, granted could go very wrong but who knows might work a treat.

McFaul and Loft on bench

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Cox
El Abd
Thomson
Robinson

Time for people to stand up and be COUNTED.

However the issue against Huddersfield was that Reid and Thomson both player too deep, meaning there was no link up with the forwards. Thomson I suspect is more of a Bertin / Oatway deep lying midfielder than the attacking sort. So playing El-Abd back in there is going to mean again the midfield is too deep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here