Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mid winter break

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i see that the prem looking into midwinter break for next season ..does this include /affect the nationwide as well ...is it a good thing for lower league clubs?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Prem only I think. Lazy overpaid twats.

80's Seagull said:
Prem only I think. Lazy overpaid twats.

It only benefits the top 6 teams who are in europe, do well in cup games and have international players in their team who play for their country. It doesn't really make a difference to the Leicester City's of the world.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
£40k a week, only have to turn up and train in the morning, one 90 minute game a week, nice long summer break.

yep, sure sounds like they could do with another couple of weeks off :glare:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the next 2 seasons, they're having a 2 week break in January.
Bunch of arse. Most of them will just jet off to China for a mini-tour or something. Absolutely pathetic. They train for 2 or 3 hours a day four days a week, play for 90 mins on a Saturday, but the poor lickle lambs still need a fortnight off in January. It will solve nothing. The season will have to go on longer into the summer, so in 2006 there will probably be NO gap between the end of the season & FA Cup Final, and the start of the World Cup. THEN just wait to hear those slags start whining.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
trouble with midwinter breaks is, when do you have it? the weather at the moment (in blackburn at least) is bad, with frozen pitches etc. so you could decide to have the break in january.

but then, how do you predict when the worst weather will be next season when you work out the fixtures? you could end up having a break in january when the pitches are playable, then have bad weather in february, causing fixture congestion at the end of the season.

bad idea i reckon.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
f***ing joke to think they are to tired on 50-60k a week!:angry:
I could do what they do no probs,so just goes to show what a load of bollocks it is.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here